Howard

The place for discussion of those things not related to the Club, but beware there are limits!!

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

robert rees

Howard

Post by robert rees »

Such sad news to hear of Howards passing overnight. Was a great guy and an excellent supporter. He will be missed by all, thoughts with his family right now.
jadegoodiesfridge

Re: Howard

Post by jadegoodiesfridge »

Big guy with a big presence .He'll be sorely missed on the bank.
Stevey

Post by Stevey »

Howard went to most matches home and away for many years, he was a real character and had a laugh with everyone. I'm sure all who crossed his path will miss him dearly. RIP butt.
marshomano

Post by marshomano »

Howard was my uncle. He is solely responsible for capturing my interest with ebbw vale with his vast knowledge and pride in the club.

He supported the club from a very young age and went to pretty much every home and away game. Recently, his health took a turn for the worse which meant he missed more than he would have liked. I still went, and collected a vast number of programs for him to read when he was at home so he didn't feel like he missed too much.

As a family we can take comfort from is that he died going to the place he loved most to be with the people that he loved. The doctors said he would have had no recollection of what happened, so his final memory would have been parking up outside EXP to go and watch his beloved team make it into the top 8

Everyone at the club has been wonderful, and the work the match day physios did on Saturday was nothing short of heroic.

Thank you Robert for creating this thread. I will keep everyone updated via this forum as to the arrangements for anyone who wishes to show their respect.

From myself and my family, Thank you all
viewfromthestand

Post by viewfromthestand »

Always sad to hear the news of a fellow Steelman passing away. I only met Howard a handful of times and on each of those times it s been on a supporters club coach going to the farthest reaches of West Wales. I noted his friendly nature and obvious wit. My thoughts go to his family and friends. May he rest in peace in the knowledge we made the top eight. Karl Offers AKA VIEWFROMTHESTAND.
robert rees

Post by robert rees »

Howard was indeed a great and loyal supporter. I met him a few times on away trips and always saw him around. Such a lovely guy to talk too and a man with great passion for the club.
valleyblues

Post by valleyblues »

Howard was a true character with a great sense of humour, have known him through rugby for many years. Will be missed, RIP Howard
Villa, we are coming for you!!!!!
abergavenny plodder

Post by abergavenny plodder »

R.I.P fellow Steelman, can,t say I know Howard but no doubt would recognise him as you tend to see the same faces at games. Very sad and like a previous poster said he did a grand job in passing his love and passion for this special club onto the next generation.
bankboy440plus

Post by bankboy440plus »

I DIDN'T KNOW HOWARD PERSONALLY, I ALWAYS STAND ABOUT 4 STEPS BACK, RIGHT BEHIND THEM ON THE BANK, HALFWAY LINE. A JOVIAL AND VOCIFEROUS GROUP THEY ALL ARE.
MY THOUGHTS ARE WITH HIS WIFE AND FAMILY.....RIP HOWARD
marshomano

Post by marshomano »

I know you all probably have access to the ebbw addicts group, but heres details of Howards funeral arrangements:

On behalf of my Auntie Linda Thomas, i would like to thank all of you for all your kind words and messages that we have received since the passing of my uncle Howard Thomas. Its been truly overwhelming to hear all of your heartfelt stories and anecdotes. He truly was a remarkable man and its great to see that he had a profound effect on so many. We would like to invite anybody who wishes to pay their respect to this great man, to attend his funeral which is taking place on Tuesday 24th January at 11:45am in Goodness-Church Ebbw Vale, and afterwards and approx 12:45 in llwydcoed Crematorium in Aberdare. Much Love to you all x
Last edited by marshomano on 10 Jan 2017 11:34, edited 3 times in total.
CJ

Post by CJ »

RIP Howard. Sad to hear of a fellow 'family members' passing.

Thoughts are with all the family