Llandovery

Whether you're looking forward to kick-off or the final whistle has blown, this is the place for supporters of EVRFC

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

chris

Llandovery

Post by chris »

Got off to a great start yesterday, but that was about it. We made far too many basic errors and got turned over far too easily on several occasions. Barring a miracle next week that's us out of the top 4 now. A huge under-achievment in my book.

The players don't look happy and we are so disjointed it's frightening. I genuinely don't know what our tactics are any more.

Some of the substitutions were also very odd... our pack was well on top at set piece and then when Ashley Sweet went off, we bring on Dawid Rubasniak rather than Max Williams... and then when we finally do bring Max on, we take Damien off and the pack starts going backwards. Also, Joe Franchi was having a stormer so we take him off. Plus the usual replacement of both props after around 50 mins irrespective of how the game is actually panning out. Just baffling.

I guess there is no pressure on the Merthyr game now, so let's give it a crack and see what happens.

So disappointed with yesterday though. Definitely a game we should have won.
jadegoodiesfridge

Re: Llandovery

Post by jadegoodiesfridge »

Agree with Chris concerning Max.A few of us were sat within ear shot of Nigel and I had the audacity to say to Nige that with 20 minutes to go it was time to get Max on.Nige just gave that thousand yard stare and didn't take my advice until 5 minutes were left on the clock ( not suggesting I could be a better coach than Nigel mind you) All in all ,very frustrating. And once again the line out was a disaster. No change there then.Roll on next season......I think !
robert rees

Post by robert rees »

Rumours are that the camp isnt happy, dont know how true these are but we haven't been ourselves this season. Need to sort it out. I believe if RGC and Ponty draw then we have a slim glimmer of hope, but hopefully we just turn up and give the fans something to cheer about.
david brown

Post by david brown »

Just read the comments of our coach NIGEL DAVIES in the ARGUS .He said and I quote THAT WAS OUR WORSE DISPLAY OF THE SEASON;That is about the only thing him and me have agreed on all season.