Season

Whether you're looking forward to kick-off or the final whistle has blown, this is the place for supporters of EVRFC

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

Stevey

Season

Post by Stevey »

Well I'm glad that season is behind us, the only adjective I can use for it is disjointed. I know some more appropriate words but not on this site, or I'll be banned. Hope next season is different.
robert rees

Re: Season

Post by robert rees »

We have appeared to be inconsistent this yr, why that is I don't know. Hopefully we can fix it over the summer and will be interesting to see our squad for next yr with a few departures and retiring players.

All the best to those departing.
chris

Post by chris »

It's been a really disappointing season. I still don't know what our tactical plan has been for much of this year. We've kicked more ball away than I have ever seen before (most of it aimlessly) and we have made so many basic and unforced errors. We've had 5 excellent seasons prior to this one, but things unravelled this year. We need to go away, have a rethink and get our identity back. I think the new coaching setup will hopefully inject some fresh ideas and also bring in some new faces. To those leaving, I wish them well and thank them for their efforts, to those joining I say welcome to a truly great club.
viewfromthestand

Post by viewfromthestand »

This has been a nightmare season for us as addicts ,for the club in terms of the dysfunctional fixture list and the way we played. One thing that has been prevalent in previous seasons was our family culture . It appears to have disappeared . We have moved from the values that were instilled by Nellie and then Jason. Our players would play for the badge , perhaps, I m wrong but it most certainly appeared to me a few we there for the money and the ride. We signed a few duds in Rory Pitman and Gareth Maule but those excluded the others were with us or have been in the past. So, you have to ask what went wrong . My answer is Nigel . He s been sacked by previous sides . He failed at the Scarlets , he failed at Gloucester and failed with Wales. Well he s now failed with Ebbw Vale . I feel we need to go back to basics and build a squad around our ever presents. Rebuild our culture and the desire to win at all costs . I like everyone else wishes all those who are retiring or moving on a fond farewell and best wishes. To the new faces the hard work will start soon enough, a hearty welcome awaits each and everyone of you. But with that welcome there comes an expectation and desire to see our great club at the top . Roll on September and let s all hope we get a fixture list whereby we get regular rugby and the club gets revenue .
CJ

Post by CJ »

Agree with most of whats been said above. Feel calling Maule a dud is a bit harsh mind. I thought as soon as he played he sured up what at the time was a very leaky defence. He sadly picked up an injury and wasnt involved as much.

On to next season... and as already mentioned lets hope we're not looking 4 weeks down the calendar to find out when our next game will be.

I'm sure the new coaches will have players they will want to target, but the nucleus of a very good side is still there. We just need to build on that in the right way.

A fond farewell to all the players who are stepping down. Its been a pleasure to have you during your spells. To all that move on, you do so with, i'm sure, everybody's best wishes (until you come up against us again). To all that come in, lets see what your made of. We want to see you earn your man of steel badge and get us back to fighting at the top.

We've had a glorious ride of late. It started with the gut wrenching relegation but look how that helped us. We rebuilt and became a different animal.

I mentioned on Saturday how this was the first end of season for 7 seasons where we had nothing to play for. A strange feeling but can we really be too dis-heartened?