Xkeys

Whether you're looking forward to kick-off or the final whistle has blown, this is the place for supporters of EVRFC

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

david brown

Re: Xkeys

Post by david brown »

What an earth is going on at our club.? How can we let one of our better more experienced players feature for PONTY.? The mind truly boggles.
JohnCoffey

Post by JohnCoffey »

Can't be right - are you sure it's the same James Lewis ?
robert rees

Post by robert rees »

I cant be 100% sure, id hope it isn't our JL
CJ

Post by CJ »

Are we talking about the same james lewis who came on against bargoed, didn't look interested and only half hardheartedly put his arms out to make it look like he was attempting to tackle....

Maybe that's why he hasn't been picked since?? Just a thought.

People are very quick to complain. There's been a mention of lack of pace...really, there are some boys who are lightening out there and quicker ones to come back from injury. In fairness we're trying to play an expansive running brand of rugby but it hasnt clicked yet. We were through so many gaps in Xkeys but our handling was shocking (as was their...buttery ball?).

Also, take a look at the amount of changes that have been made week on week. We're finding out what works for us as the first half of the season is a farce in reality.

Could be worse, we've won the same number of games as Merthyr but probably spent a million pound less.

I understand there are frustrations but get behind the team not on its back! I genuinely heard somebody say after 10 mins at Bargoed that several players were no good and the season was doomed! Good Lord why bother coming!
Stevey

Post by Stevey »

CJ wrote:Are we talking about the same james lewis who came on against bargoed, didn't look interested and only half hardheartedly put his arms out to make it look like he was attempting to tackle....

People are very quick to complain. There's been a mention of lack of pace...really, there are some boys who are lightening out there and quicker ones to come back from injury. In fairness we're trying to play an expansive running brand of rugby but it hasnt clicked yet. We were through so many gaps in Xkeys but our handling was shocking (as was their...buttery ball?).

Also, take a look at the amount of changes that have been made week on week. We're finding out what works for us as the first half of the season is a farce in reality.

Could be worse, we've won the same number of games as Merthyr but probably spent a million pound less.

I understand there are frustrations but get behind the team not on its back! I genuinely heard somebody say after 10 mins at Bargoed that several players were no good and the season was doomed! Good Lord why bother coming!
As ever a voice of reason amongst the cacophony. Don't panic Mr. Mannering.
Malpas69

Post by Malpas69 »

JohnCoffey wrote:Can't be right - are you sure it's the same James Lewis ?
I believe that it is the very same James Lewis - have a look on the Pontypridd website. It makes no sense to me either...
Crime in multi-storey car parks - that is just wrong on so many different levels!!
JohnCoffey

Post by JohnCoffey »

Stevey wrote:
CJ wrote:Are we talking about the same james lewis who came on against bargoed, didn't look interested and only half hardheartedly put his arms out to make it look like he was attempting to tackle....

A voice of reason indeed CJ, but a couple of observations:

- is that "get behind the team" except Lewis ?
- no players' names have been included in any posts with specific criticisms, - oh, except yours ! That is not a characteristic of this board.
- if we didn't pick any player who has made an error in the first 3 games we would struggle to field a side.
- the amount of the changes made every week is the source of at least half our problems, ie they lie with selection & not the players.
- what's the justification for not one start for Dai Langdon ?

Let's hope we are posting with smileys this time tomorrow.
CJ

Post by CJ »

JohnCoffey wrote:
Stevey wrote:

A voice of reason indeed CJ, but a couple of observations:

- is that "get behind the team" except Lewis ? - No, simply giving a suggestion to questions posed as to why he hasn't started a game.
- no players' names have been included in any posts with specific criticisms, - oh, except yours ! That is not a characteristic of this board. - Its a forum, i will use it as I see fit. plus there has been numerous ocassions in the past your statement is simply not true
- if we didn't pick any player who has made an error in the first 3 games we would struggle to field a side. fully agree.
- the amount of the changes made every week is the source of at least half our problems, ie they lie with selection & not the players. This is certainly true, but i believe it will be of benefit in the long run however frustrating it seems at times
- what's the justification for not one start for Dai Langdon ? Not a clue. Maybe the current coaching set up see him as a squad player and not a starter. You'd need to pose this question to the coaches not me

Let's hope we are posting with smileys this time tomorrow.
JohnCoffey

Post by JohnCoffey »

No problems - you pays your money & your entitled to your opinion.
The query on Dai Langdon was obviously born out of bewilderment, not expecting you to know the answer. But as each game passes & some of our shortcomings are so obvious & repetitive & some players are not given opportunities it does beg the question.
CJ

Post by CJ »

Been extremely reliably informed with regards to Dai's non selection...

He has missed large parts of training due to holidays and illness. He was at a wedding on Saturday but would have been in the starting 15 if available.

Hope that helps
JohnCoffey

Post by JohnCoffey »

Thanks for that - sounds like you have the coaches' ear.

But it still would have been 1 start in 4. Hardly giving him the same opportunity that others have had & failed significantly to take advantage of, & he is a player that has proven abilty.

A general observation - not aimed at you !
CJ

Post by CJ »

JohnCoffey wrote:Thanks for that - sounds like you have the coaches' ear.

But it still would have been 1 start in 4. Hardly giving him the same opportunity that others have had & failed significantly to take advantage of, & he is a player that has proven abilty.

A general observation - not aimed at you !
I’ve been asked by he powers that be to reply to this as you have cherry pcikced the parts of the post to read/understand.

Dai has missed large parts of preseason and training...long and the short of it, if you don’t train you don’t play!
jadegoodiesfridge

Post by jadegoodiesfridge »

See your point CJ but how many Dragons have we accommodated thus far this new season. Can't see those boys training with Ebbw,plus it was common knowledge that Dan was a bit peeved that Carl got the nod for the Bargoed game. A sticky one this.