Reply to "ITK" in correct forum

If you have any comments or views on the Gwent Dragons this is the place to post.

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

String

Reply to "ITK" in correct forum

Post by String »

Sting. Why is it a plus that the Dragons lost tonight? Since Paul Turner as taken charge, they are starting to act like a Regional team and not a club team. I suggest you speak to two of your committee who were at a meeting on Monday night where Reps of the Dragons spoke. and hopefully they can inform you what is being done to try and make this region work. Mad
Quite simply, its not a regional team, never has been, never will be. Turner or not its still a newport run board, called newport, marketing itself as newport, playing in newport with the name plastered all over the shirt.

Most of its fan base has no wish at all to see it regional, certainly dont want to see "newport" removed from the name and couldnt care less about anything else.

Just like cardiff and llanelli this is a stand alone team.

It wont even pretend to be regional until the name newport is totally removed from the name, all kits, merchandise and advertising and the attitude of those running it change. At the moment they see "gwent" as a feeder club for Newport RFC which in turn feeds the "newport dragons".

Given ive never supported newport in my life im not going to start now.

As for reps from our club, obviously i dont have anything to do with EVRFC but in my view our club and all others in gwent should have absolutely nothing to do with this side in any way shape or form until at least the name is changed and some progress is made to include the others. Talking with them now does nothing more than making their stand alone bid look legitimate and accepted.
is steve going?

Re: Reply to "ITK" in correct forum

Post by is steve going? »

String wrote:
Sting. Why is it a plus that the Dragons lost tonight? Since Paul Turner as taken charge, they are starting to act like a Regional team and not a club team. I suggest you speak to two of your committee who were at a meeting on Monday night where Reps of the Dragons spoke. and hopefully they can inform you what is being done to try and make this region work. Mad
Quite simply, its not a regional team, never has been, never will be. Turner or not its still a newport run board, called newport, marketing itself as newport, playing in newport with the name plastered all over the shirt.

Most of its fan base has no wish at all to see it regional, certainly dont want to see "newport" removed from the name and couldnt care less about anything else.

Just like cardiff and llanelli this is a stand alone team.

It wont even pretend to be regional until the name newport is totally removed from the name, all kits, merchandise and advertising and the attitude of those running it change. At the moment they see "gwent" as a feeder club for Newport RFC which in turn feeds the "newport dragons".

Given ive never supported newport in my life im not going to start now.

As for reps from our club, obviously i dont have anything to do with EVRFC but in my view our club and all others in gwent should have absolutely nothing to do with this side in any way shape or form until at least the name is changed and some progress is made to include the others. Talking with them now does nothing more than making their stand alone bid look legitimate and accepted.

String has got this 100% right, there's quite a lot of people in gwent that share this view too, get rid of the name N*****t from everything and make this a proper regional side that the whole of Gwent can support. N*****t supporters should firstly show support to NRFC and then to a regional side. :lol:
RhysJervis

Post by RhysJervis »

:roll: same old, same old :(
...GARN RFC...