Changes to principality premiership

You'll never guess what I heard in the pub/club/Tesco's last night.......

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

Stevey

Re: Changes to principality premiership

Post by Stevey »

Gareth Davies,CEO of WRU has said it was done in agreement with the Premiership clubs, considering some are owned by the region's then the clubs do as their masters command. Consultation=we talk to you then do as we wish.
String

Post by String »

Not a shock. The WRU has had the goal of making any form of competition that isn't their crazy superclub system completely meaningless.
They've devalued all the lower tiers numerous times and almost seem to be deliberately making the games that pointless the fans no longer care or follow a club. Maybe they're deluded or arrogant enough to think that if they make the club game sufficiently low enough quality and uninteresting all the fans will jump ship to the plastic superclub instead?
It's clear they don't want any form of rugby existing unless it's directly benefitting their chosen 4 failure clubs.
Am I also correct in thinking the premier league has never had 2 seasons in a row with the same rules and size since it was created over 20 years ago? That alone shows the bungling lack of any coherent strategy from the amateurs in charge.
Stevey

Post by Stevey »

Not anything I can argue against there String.