Llanelli

Whether you're looking forward to kick-off or the final whistle has blown, this is the place for supporters of EVRFC

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

Farmerboy

Llanelli

Post by Farmerboy »

Good win Saturday thought the side played well on times and never looked like losing. Have to ask again what are the assistant refs at the game for? The one by the stand hardly paid any attention to the game. In second half missed flanker using hands in the scrum right in front of him. Didn't pick up any offsides at all.
Stevey

Re: Llanelli

Post by Stevey »

You're correct on all points, the assistants sometimes forget their duty I feel which just frustrates supporters who in turn get on the officials backs.
Why don't they just do their job and make life easier for themselves and a better, fairer experience for all.
viewfromthestand

Post by viewfromthestand »

In what can only be called a monsoon of biblical proportions the two sides put in a good afternoons rugby. Our three quarters looked slick and the two tries by the human Wildebeest (Toby Fricker) were exceptional. Our pack was incredible from 1 to 8 and subs we did a job on the best the west could offer , which was never going to tame the beast from the east. Ebbw look like a team , no stars , just every man playing for his brother and more than anything the club badge.I like the other posters have issues with the assistant referees being touch judges and not assisting the man in the middle. It does make me scratch my head at times. I have no criticism of young Ben Breakspeare I thought all in all he did a decent job in very difficult circumstances. Another win it was and I think we can now safely say we are way ahead of the drop zone . I m sure there is a boffin who is a dab hand with allegorical analysis who will no doubt correct me.Couple of tough weeks ahead but in the great words of Lyndon B Johnson WE WILL OVERCOME!!!!!!
marshomano

Post by marshomano »

viewfromthestand wrote: 17 Dec 2018 18:51 I m sure there is a boffin who is a dab hand with allegorical analysis who will no doubt correct me.
When we started the season, someone whispred the magic number of 13 wins to be safe. Im not sure if that is still accurate, or if it was ever close to being accurate, but if it is, i'll take comfort in it not being that far away