All square at Aberavon

Whether you're looking forward to kick-off or the final whistle has blown, this is the place for supporters of EVRFC

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

html junkie

All square at Aberavon

Post by html junkie »

Not a game for the neutral spectator, so it's just as well there weren't any there! Aberavon is a proper rugby club, with a clubhouse on the ground and a snack bar that produces the finest corn beef pie ever (with gravy and chips for maximum benefit). Their team should have won, with some mystifying decisions to scrummage when there were 3 points going begging, ultimately leading to the draw. Neither side was very creative on the day, but Ebbw's defence was, again, outstanding, with the patient, disciplined drift of the backs meaning that Aberavon ran out of room time after time, and the hard work, guts and determination of the forwards driving their opponents back all afternoon.

My only gripe? The penalty count! I accept that referees do make mistakes / can't see everything, but the Aberavon loose head blatantly not taking the hit at several scrums, but Ebbw being penalised, was very poor and extremely frustrating. I do wonder what the ARs are for, sometimes. Having whinged about that, I also think we are still guilty of coughing up silly offences through offsides and breakdown offences.

Well played, Ebbw, you did us proud once again!
Martyn Madden: That's show business
Me: **** off!