'Keys

Whether you're looking forward to kick-off or the final whistle has blown, this is the place for supporters of EVRFC

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

Stevey

'Keys

Post by Stevey »

Well that was a superb performance in parts, almost Harlem Globetrotters, lol, we moved the ball about a lot, pushed forward with intensity and tackled bravely. Ross Jones took a fast, hard ball above his head, not sure it was meant for him, and showed how good his hands were, think he's main lineout jumper next week. 'Keys couldn't contain us in such rampant form, hope to see this approach against some of the stronger teams as we go into the end of the season.
gtc

Re: 'Keys

Post by gtc »

Cross Keys really need to change their music at halftime. Down, Down by Status Quo doesn't really inspire confidence :?
david brown

Post by david brown »

Having visited Pandy Park many times over the past years.I have witnessed many hard fought ,sometimes brutal encounters .After all these are Gwent derbies with no quarter given by either side.Never in my wildest dreams did i believe i would ever witness such a comprehensive and one sided drubbing which happened yesterday.Some of the rugby we produced was sublime ,this against a team in deep relegation trouble,which one would expect to come out with all guns blazing.Well done to all concerned and involved for a wonderful display of rugby witnessed by such a great band of loyal supporters/
jadegoodiesfridge

Post by jadegoodiesfridge »

Dragged my sorry ass out of a sick bed to watch yesterday 's game.Glad I did ,amidst all the coughing ,the sweating ,and puffs of inhaler,and that was just me,Ebbw played at a relentless pace leaving Keys chasing shadows,Reminded me a lot of the demolition of Llanelli at PYS the first game of the season.Totally dominated the game from the onset.The replacements disrupted proceedings for a brief period allowing Keys to score two out of three dodgy tries,( the ball went backwards, anybody ???!!!) then it was business as usual with all the boys shouting out to have the ball.It was a great Ebbw performance .Simple as that with Joe Franchi as stand out performer,the guy was bloody everywhere.Didn't see Greg there yesterday ? Was he there ? If he wasn't he missed a cracker but must feel sorry for his old club .They still have great players in their team,but the spirit seems to have gone from Pandy Park.They looked how I felt ,terrible.and I really fear for them.As an aside ,Didn't hear Down Down at half time my ears were bunged up .cor ! Remember buying that on 45 from Osbourne 's Xmas 74. Nightride on the B side.Now there's a thread for the future ,Best B side. ( oh alright then ,how about Bloody Well Right,B side of Supertramp's Dreamer )
Farmerboy

Post by Farmerboy »

Have to agree with the above. I thought Dai Langdon was brilliant at controlling the game in second 5/8 role. Couldn't fault anybody for Ebbw forwards were excellent especially Owen Thomas must have touched every blade of grass on the pitch, Joe's running with the ball was fantastic. Not sure the ref knew what he was doing with the scrums just a complete mess from first to last. Fantastic picture of Ross and Oaksey when they came off. All in all a good afternoon super support as always the noise as the players came out was awesome.