And its all over for a another season....

The place for discussion of those things not related to the Club, but beware there are limits!!

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

String

And its all over for a another season....

Post by String »

OK so thats it for rugby for a while.

We failed to make the playoffs but narrowly but that alone shows how much better we were as a side than expected.

We lost a lot of key personnel after last season, a lot of experience and a lot of key positions. This season *could* have gone very badly but a combination of good recruitment, good coaching, good fitness and new young talent meant it went better than a lot of us thought or hoped.

I think we're in a much healthier position now with a talented young squad, gaining experience and a committed squad than last year.

Ultimately i think we're about the 4th best side. We've lost twice to the top 3 sides but have beaten everyone else, many of which twice (including n*****t). I'd have said no chance of that before the start of the season.

I think dropping points in both Bridgend games (both of which should have been BP wins realistically) probably cost us a playoff place. Probably no real shock that easily the best funded and resourced 2 sides in the league are battling it out for the competition.

Most disappointing game for me has to be Bridgend away whereas the best example of fighting spirit remains the Swansea away game.
Most irritating and controversial loss Cardiff away...

Everyone in the setup deserves praise from the coaches, backroom staff and the players. They've all done themselves proud.

Looking forward to next season even if it could be our last as the WRU seem hell bent on further destroying the club game and ramming through its rebranded "regional A side" idea after that.

Good enjoyable season and already bored waiting for the next one to start....
Bodie 007

Re: And its all over for a another season....

Post by Bodie 007 »

Great assessment of the season String.