The N*****t v Ebbw Vale Game

Whether you're looking forward to kick-off or the final whistle has blown, this is the place for supporters of EVRFC

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

Malpas69

The N*****t v Ebbw Vale Game

Post by Malpas69 »

We started off well and could well have been 10-0 up if Byron had kicked that easy penalty and Scott had managed to get round Danno (good tackle mind ... and it had to be).

Once Lyn was sent off it effectively killed the game. Couldn't see what happened from where I was stood and have heard conflicting stories (punching, gouging, butting), but whatever it was, the ref did not hesitate and he was straight off.

This obviously caused massive disruption and understandably our heads dropped for a while. We did stage a bit of a fightback and nearly scored just before half time. They should have had a player sin binned as we had numerous penalties under the posts ... but as expected no card forthcoming.

We were on the back foot for most of the second half and then Jonny sin binned (which is unusual) ... so down to 13 men. They scored again and then we managed to play a bit of rugby again towards the end. Byron sin binned ... so down to 12 men. They should have had another yellow card as numerous persistent offences again ... no card forthcoming.

Considering we were down to 12 men ... 11 at one point when Manu was injured, they should have scored more points and weren't really that great. They were probably always going to win ... but considering we didn't have a full compliment of players ... they should have hammered us.

There were some positives ... thought our hooker had a great game. His throwing in was superb and our lineout was pretty good throughout considering. He was good in the loose and tackled superbly. We could do with him. Manu had a good game when he came on and his picking up from a retreating scrum was really good. Dan also had a good game I thought when he came on.

Have to regroup for Cross Keys on Wednesday. They lost home to Bedwas and also have a number of injuries. I think one more win might do it ... hopefully Wednesday.
Crime in multi-storey car parks - that is just wrong on so many different levels!!
Graham

Post by Graham »

That's excellent mate. Thanks for that.
Graham

Post by Graham »

Here is the write up from ICWALES.

Can you believe this statement..........
ICWales wrote:Jonathan Hawker was yellow carded for raising a hand at Griffiths
Why??? Did he have a knife in it or something? :shock:

Flamin' hell mun, you could have got sent off for looking at someone by the sound of this ref.

Never mind lads, it sounds as if a lot of effort went in last night from the things I've read around the boards. Now let's do the Keys and get a bit safer please.
Graham

Post by Graham »

And here is one from the NEWPORT DAILY ANDREX.

Dai Rees said "Sometimes you have to show magnanimity in victory and defeat. They didn't show a lot when they won up there earlier in the season and tonight I was disappointed at some of the sly shots going in".

So he couldn't have been up here when we beat them earlier in the season. Otherwise, in light of what the Newport forwards got up to (especially Neil Edwards), he'd have kept his mouth shut about "sly shots going in". What a blydi plonker the man is. No wonder he got the job, he's just like that idiot from the the Dragons. You know the one one, Brown's monkey. Dai (what IQ?) Watkins.

At least the write up doesn't seem to be the usual one sided trash that we've come to expect from the Andrex, it seems to give quite a bit of credit to Ebbw and took the trouble of getting quotes from the team manager about the game. Wait until wavey davey finds out, he'll go blydi spare.
String

Post by String »

Neil Edwards was more than deserving of a red card for his actions in that game up at ECP - the prop sustained some nasty injuries for that. I find it hard to fathom how newport dare accuse others of cheap shots given their recent disciplinary record.
Graham

Post by Graham »

String wrote:Neil Edwards was more than deserving of a red card for his actions in that game up at ECP - the prop sustained some nasty injuries for that. I find it hard to fathom how newport dare accuse others of cheap shots given their recent disciplinary record.
It's called having a selective memory.
ebbwboy

Post by ebbwboy »

Graham wrote:And here is one from the NEWPORT DAILY ANDREX.

Dai Rees said "Sometimes you have to show magnanimity in victory and defeat. They didn't show a lot when they won up there earlier in the season and tonight I was disappointed at some of the sly shots going in".
He doesn't do irony well, does he? Saying how you have to be magnanimous in winning and losing, then not showing any at all!
Graham

Post by Graham »

ebbwboy wrote:He doesn't do irony well, does he? Saying how you have to be magnanimous in winning and losing, then not showing any at all!
Fantastic isn't it?

This is one of the ways he is so like Brown's monkey. It must be a word he heard on the tv and wanted to try it out.
:roll:

Just a thought, perhaps he is after Watkins' job. He's almost got it right, all he has to do now is end his sentences with "D'oh!"
:lol: :lol:
Eye Jay

Post by Eye Jay »

It's all you can expect from a part time PE teacher promoted above his station in both life and rugby.
RhysJervis

Post by RhysJervis »

part time PE teacher promoted above his station in both life and rugby.
Thats a bit personal dont you think?
...GARN RFC...
Eye Jay

Post by Eye Jay »

Yes, but it's true.

Fed up with arguing with Graham are you?
String

Post by String »

While we're taking cheap shots can i just inerject here to call dai watkins a drink driving violent thug (as proven legally in a court of law).

There...I feel better now.
Graham

Post by Graham »

String wrote:While we're taking cheap shots can i just inerject here to call dai watkins a drink driving violent thug (as proven legally in a court of law).

Why do I get the feeling that you almost enjoyed posting that one? :twisted:
Seisyll ap Dyfnwal

Post by Seisyll ap Dyfnwal »

String wrote:While we're taking cheap shots can i just inerject here to call dai watkins a drink driving violent thug (as proven legally in a court of law).

Could somebody please explain why Dai Watkins appears to hate EVRFC so much? Was he really rejected by us back in the sixties, or is that just another urban myth? I'd really like to know.