Dual Carriageways

As suggested in our Forums, here is the place to post all those non-rugby related issues

Moderators: The ref, Henry Crun

WoofBark

Dual Carriageways

Post by WoofBark »

Picture it now. You are driving home from your mother in laws and SCRUM 5 is about to start in 5 mins. You are 5 mins from home. You are cruising along at 70mph in the left hand lane. Ahead of you there is a car in the right hand lane doing approx 60mph. There are no other cars ahead for atleast 200 metres and the left hand lane is empty. You approach the car ahead. It stays exactly where it is even though this car is not overtaking anyone. You are not allowed to overtake using the left hand side of the dual carriageway. Despite keeping a safe distance and flashing this car to move over it still refuses to budge.

Now this has happened to me lots of times. Usually on the same stretch of road. Does this annoy anyone else? It really ranks highly in my annoying things list. :x
What am I supposed to put in here?
Raffles

Post by Raffles »

It irritates the life out of me too and like you, it happens to me on the same stretch of road. However I'm obviously not as patient as you! :oops:
Dai Rob

Post by Dai Rob »

Sorry fella but the option that you refuse (at least in print) to take would be plain sailing - lights on and foot down past = job done..

Yes it's technically illegal, but then so is driving with a phone stuck to your ear. With the latter they ain't concentrating..
To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.. ..To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.
WoofBark

Post by WoofBark »

Happened again today. :x A Woman in a Fiesta whilst talking on her phone. Not as patient today. Overtook her on inside. :wink:
What am I supposed to put in here?
Beefy

re. undertaking!!

Post by Beefy »

Whilst you cannot deliberately move to an inside lane to "undertake" if you are in a queue of moving traffic in an inside lane that happens to be moving quicker than the outside lane then it is ok to pass in said queue. I'm not sure what the distance between vehicles has to be to quantify/qualify a queue....10m, 0.5 miles?? :)

I'd always pass slowly though, just in case they wake up/finish their call and realise where they are and return to the inside lane without looking. Plus, it also gives you a chance to mouth a few words and whilst checking that the driver is OK and not suffering an ailment of some kind.
"One swallow doesn't make a summer" K.Jones circa. 1998/99
Audi Diesel

Oh dear!

Post by Audi Diesel »

I can now see why this is called the 'Don't talk about rugby' section!!
piglet

Post by piglet »

Audi diesel mentioned rugby in this section. I think the moferator should ban him! :lol:
Beefy

re. Moferator

Post by Beefy »

Ah...a reference to the long departed ex-group CEO of the WRU by Piglet....not on this section you don't!! :)
"One swallow doesn't make a summer" K.Jones circa. 1998/99