Ebbw Vale v Cross Keys Scores

Whether you're looking forward to kick-off or the final whistle has blown, this is the place for supporters of EVRFC

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

ebbwboy

Post by ebbwboy »

Graham wrote: The ref did not even speak to the Cross Keys players (or the captain). The long and short of it was that our own sloppy defending cost us 3 stupid trys in the first half, but in my opinion (and this is just my opinion and not that of Ebbw Vale RFC) the referee was a bloody cheat.
I cheered when it was announced that Keri Evans wouldn't be reffing as advertised but I think I'll take it all back. Well, some of it.

Not sure if I'd go so far as to call Mr Fear a cheat as that implies he knew what he was doing. He was not competent though. Manu's offense deserved a yellow card but there were other offenses, notably deliberate off side and ball slowing by Cross Keys, that went unpunished. The tackle on one of our players (was it Headington?) who took a quick tap 5 metres out was by a player who had never retreated to onside and should have resulted in a yellow card and - possibly - a penalty try.

Having said all that... our own woeful first half performance is what cost us the match. We just can't keep doing this!

And as for Nelly coming on at half time for Keys... where do you start with that one??
String

Post by String »

My issue isnt us getting the yellow card its the fact that similar offences throughout by them didnt get as much as a warning then after that the string of try line offences including the very dodgy quick tap were most definately deserving of one.

As it was we were 14 men trying to win a game with the opposition knowing 3 points wasnt enough and offending repeatedly on their line without the proper sanction. If it isnt cheating its incredibly poor sub standard refereeing and the bloke should not be allowed to referee at this level as he demonstrated he's incapable.