First Half? What First Half?

Whether you're looking forward to kick-off or the final whistle has blown, this is the place for supporters of EVRFC

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

Graham

First Half? What First Half?

Post by Graham »

So, how many times is that so far this season that we have been ripped apart in the first half of a game and left ourselves an impossible mountain to climb?

What on earth is our problem? Should we ask the other teams if we can just kick off an hour later for the matches? Everyone in the ground knows that the ref was a total cyclops, but, if we had played the first half as we played the second, the game was ours (despite Phil Fear's best efforts to stop us winning).

Perhaps we should start the game as if we are already 20 points down? Just a suggestion.

Come on Ebbw, you are now making bloody hard work out of what was an armchair ride in December. Get these wins for safety as soon as possible, as we don't want to be going to Cardiff or Neath HAVING to win to stay up. We are 100% behind you, but we can only do so much from the sidelines. The hard work is down to you and how much you want it
owain-tregaron

Post by owain-tregaron »

:oops: :oops: Well said that man, I am not always in agreement with you, but....I'm singing from the same hymn sheet now!. Just wish we could issue a few copies to the squad!!
Wisdom is achieved thru the grace 'n fortitude
Graham

Post by Graham »

owain-tregaron wrote::oops: :oops: Well said that man, I am not always in agreement with you, but....I'm singing from the same hymn sheet now!. Just wish we could issue a few copies to the squad!!
:lol:
Eye Jay

The dog fight

Post by Eye Jay »

I guess an Aberavon win 2 nite wouldn't go amiss!
Graham

Re: The dog fight

Post by Graham »

Eye Jay wrote:I guess an Aberavon win 2 nite wouldn't go amiss!
Absolutely mate, but Aberavon are so inconsistent, you can't trust them to get it right on any given day (or night). If they play to their potential they should win. Perhaps we could lend them a couple of backs just to make sure. :idea: :wink:

But I say "Come on the Wizards" (but for one night only). :wink:
Last edited by Graham on 18 Mar 2005 23:01, edited 1 time in total.
Graham

Re: The dog fight

Post by Graham »

Graham wrote:Absolutely mate, but Aberavon are so inconsistent, you can't trust them to get it right on any given day (or night). If they play to their potential they should win. Perhaps we could lend them a couple of backs just to make sure. :idea: :wink:

But I say "Come on the Wizards" (but for one night only). :wink:
And just to prove my point, Aberavon have lost to Caerphilly tonight. Now there's only 9 points in it lads.
Last edited by Graham on 18 Mar 2005 23:01, edited 1 time in total.
String

Post by String »

This isnt good news.
Graham

Post by Graham »

String wrote:This isnt good news.
Let's hold fire a minute fella. I've just been to the Caerphilly site and they have conflicting stories and scorelines on there.
Go to THE MAIN SITE and the score says
Aberavon 23 - 29 Caerphilly

BUT, go into the match report and it says
Caerphilly 23 - 29 Aberavon.

Look at the score breakdown and it doesn't tally with either version of the final score. But if you look right down the bottom, and work out the blow by blow account.....................

God I'm confused now. Have a look and see what you think. I reckon it works out that Aberavon came back in the second half and won. What do you think?
Last edited by Graham on 18 Mar 2005 22:57, edited 2 times in total.
Graham

Post by Graham »

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just came up on BBC site. Aberavon won.

I knew they would, see, didn't I say that all along? :oops: :oops:
wiggy29

Post by wiggy29 »

does that mean if we win against caephilly we are safe 100%. :) :D :D :D hopefully
Graham

Post by Graham »

wiggy29 wrote:does that mean if we win against caephilly we are safe 100%. :) :D :D :D hopefully
With any luck, it won't come down to that mate. If we win our two games before that one (against Newbridge and then Llanharan) we are safe.

Check out the Current Situation Thread in here
String

Post by String »

wiggy29 wrote:does that mean if we win against caephilly we are safe 100%. :) :D :D :D hopefully
No.

We still need to win 2 games to make us safe so even if we beat them we need another win to make it certain.

Caerphilly have to win 4 of their remaining 5 games though.
valleyblues

Post by valleyblues »

Iworked it out if we beat Caerphilly then they could only get 30 pts and we would have 33, but as said above if we win our next 2 games then it wouldnt matter anyhow.
Villa, we are coming for you!!!!!
Graham

Post by Graham »

valleyblues wrote:Iworked it out if we beat Caerphilly then they could only get 30 pts and we would have 33, but as said above if we win our next 2 games then it wouldnt matter anyhow.
Spot on, so let's win the next couple instead of leaving it all until the Caerphilly match. We don't want "winner takes all" type of pressure for that game do we?
String

Post by String »

The way i see it theres more chance of Caerphilly failing to win the games they need as opposed to us winning the ones we need.

The LAST thing we want though with our current form is an end of season releation decider against caerphilly.