Wales !!!!!!

Cymru Am Byth ('nuff said)

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

welshgaz

Wales !!!!!!

Post by welshgaz »

Come on people views on Saturdays result. I cant wait this is all I have thought about all week since the scittish game!

I honestly think we are going to beat them as long as the ptich is firm! Not sure if they have had the roof closed here but if the pitch is good I can see us doing it
String

Post by String »

Im praying ireland can win but thats just me :)
ebbwboy

Post by ebbwboy »

String wrote:Im praying ireland can win but thats just me :)
I know where you're coming from, Richard, but I disagree! I hope Wales win but, if they lose I hope it's by enough for Ireland to take the championship because I love them very much!! :shock:
String

Post by String »

I cant ever forgive those players who tried to kill us off with the gang of 6 so until theyre gone i cant support Wales.

Ireland win will give them the triple crowd but if that does happen my money would be on france for the championship. I cant see ireland winning by 25+ but can quite expect to see france run in 60 or 70 past italy.
Nick

Post by Nick »

String wrote:Im praying ireland can win but thats just me :)
I was listening to Eddie O'Sullivan on RTE this morning and if Wales think they will have an easy ride then they are in for a very BIG shock. the Irish are very good analysts and they have broken the Welsh game down and are ready to take full advantage of every opportunity.
I'm not sure that Welsh team will give the Irish the full respect that they deserve. As always with the Welsh if we manage a decent run we are World Champions in waiting, sadly our history shows far too many false dawns.
String

Post by String »

Irelands pack is going to be better than Wales and more importantly their defence is. Despite being relaid the stadium pitch could cripple the irish pack though. Its going to be far from a walk over - ireland have more than enough talent and ability to win that game if they try hard enough. They have the triple crown to play for so motivation shouldnt be an issue.
welshgaz

Post by welshgaz »

String wrote:I cant ever forgive those players who tried to kill us off with the gang of 6 so until theyre gone i cant support Wales.

Ireland win will give them the triple crowd but if that does happen my money would be on france for the championship. I cant see ireland winning by 25+ but can quite expect to see france run in 60 or 70 past italy.
We are 26 points in front but Ireland only need to beat us by 13 because every point they score improves their points count and decreases our points against. SO techically every point they score is effectivley 2
RhysJervis

Post by RhysJervis »

What did you think of it then?

Oh by the way, Richard you seriously need to re arrange your priorities. :?
...GARN RFC...
ebbwboy

Post by ebbwboy »

RhysJervis wrote:What did you think of it then?

Oh by the way, Richard you seriously need to re arrange your priorities. :?
I thought it was marvellous although not the greatest of games. I was a mere youth of 17 when Wales last won the Grand Slam (about the same as your dad, Rhys?) so it's been a long wait. At times I've given the whole international scene a wide berth because of disillusionment with the set up while at other times I've gone to the National Stadium to shout Wales on.

All in all, I'm pretty pleased this morning.

However, if it was a choice between a Wales Grand Slam and Ebbw staying up, there'd only be one answer! :shock: Luckily, that's not the choice...
String

Post by String »

Gutted.

The same players that wanted ebbw vale dead and buried are now getting cult status. Effectively forgotten if not rewarded for the acts.

Luckily i managed to miss the game as i was diving but cant say im happy at all.
Graham

Post by Graham »

ebbwboy wrote:I thought it was marvellous although not the greatest of games. I was a mere youth of 17 when Wales last won the Grand Slam
Good grief man, that means you are older than me?!?! :shock: I was only 15 and a half. I thought you were a a few years younger than me fella.
ebbwboy wrote: However, if it was a choice between a Wales Grand Slam and Ebbw staying up, there'd only be one answer!
Yep, that would get my vote over almost anything.
Eye Jay

Post by Eye Jay »

We are all still bitter at a variety of things that have happened in the past, but I still want Wales to win. It is our country after all.

I say well done to them. If you can win a Grand Slam with only 50% of your own lineout ball, then you must have something.

When you travel outside Wales the whole club v reion v country debate is irrelevant. After years of 'ribbing' and defending an indefensible national side, we can all be a little prouder.

As for which is more important, Wales or Ebbw, then I agree with you all - there is no choice!
ebbwboy

Post by ebbwboy »

Graham wrote:Good grief man, that means you are older than me?!?! :shock: I was only 15 and a half. I thought you were a few years younger than me fella.
Just better preserved old chap, just better preserved! :wink:
RhysJervis

Post by RhysJervis »

Thats right, he was 18 last time i think he said, he went to that match as well.

He's 44 now.
...GARN RFC...