SUPPORTERS

Whether you're looking forward to kick-off or the final whistle has blown, this is the place for supporters of EVRFC

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

wiggy29

SUPPORTERS

Post by wiggy29 »

We have two vital home games left, just a thought maybe we can get a much larger crowd if we were to invite the two schools that is in our town to come watch. Might be good for future support.
Graham

Re: SUPPORTERS

Post by Graham »

wiggy29 wrote:We have two vital home games left, just a thought maybe we can get a much larger crowd if we were to invite the two schools that is in our town to come watch. Might be good for future support.
Why not?

Things like this should be looked into. We need numbers in the ground, and to be honest I don't care if it's kids or whoever else as long as they come.

Winning matches is the best formula for getting supporters through the gate as was proved during our more successful spell a number of years back (plus the ridiculously cheap season ticket one season). This has been born out at most other clubs at some time or another. Before Newport's resurgence with Brown's millions, they had hardly anyone watching. Also look at the Treorchy Zebras and their "dream". During that period they had masses of people following them. Without a successful team on the field, now look at them.

SO, while we are not bringing home the bacon (mmmmmm bacon) on the field, we have to rely on whatever means necessary. Getting local schools involved would be a good start. Who knows? If the kids enjoy themselves, the parents may start to take an interest. The Dragons have been desperate enough to use any means at their disposal (the “bring a friend for free” promotion) and if we are in a desperate enough position then why not do something like this to get people through the gate.

Come on Ebbw marketing division (if you are reading the board), pick this one up and run with it.
String

Post by String »

Given how near we are to the end of the season a summer campaign to increase publicity locally maybe a very good idea for the club. Normally it just goes quiet for 3 months.
Dai Rob

Re: SUPPORTERS

Post by Dai Rob »

wiggy29 wrote:We have two vital home games left, just a thought maybe we can get a much larger crowd if we were to invite the two schools that is in our town to come watch. Might be good for future support.
Or maybe we could play our home games on a Saturday ('cause I don't get to leave work on time during the week.!!) - selfish I know but I want to lend my support and the weekend is the only time I can do that..

8) :lol:
Mykal

Post by Mykal »

Marketing division!?!? [Cough, splutter, mouthful of tea splashing on the screen]
Graham

Post by Graham »

Mykal wrote:Marketing division!?!? [Cough, splutter, mouthful of tea splashing on the screen]
Sorry about that mate, did I shock you? :lol:
RhysJervis

Post by RhysJervis »

They certainly need to lower the prices at ECP if they want more support. I should imagine theres a lot more supporters waiting, thats if the price is right.
...GARN RFC...
String

Post by String »

Price is one issue, it was increased to £10 without any notice or informing anyone mid season. Originally there were excuses it was a one off but the price has changed.

£7.00-£8.00 is fine, on par with the rest of the premier grounds but £10.00 theyve crossed that barrier into double figures and its more than other grounds even if you do get the stand as well - lots of people dont WANT to go in the same.
Maybe a 2 tier £7 terrace £10 stand would be a better idea.