Any Takers?

If you are a member of EVRFC Supporters Club then check here for announcements

Moderators: The ref, Henry Crun, Milo

Graham

Any Takers?

Post by Graham »

For the last few weeks I've been discussing this with the boss (wife) and having a lot of stuff going on at the moment (and for the foreseeable future) we've agreed that I'm not getting as much time to myself as I'd like. Would anyone like to volunteer to take over the statistics side of things for the program? It would be grossly unfair to just hand it back to Alan Evans (from whom I inherited it two years ago) as the poor bloke is up to his neck in things to do for EVRFC. Despite it only being a year old, I may knock the second website on the head as well as it takes more time than I really want to give and I am finding that I am spending more time in front of the computer than I really want to. It may be nice to get back to just yelling abuse at officials from up on the bank instead of lugging that bloody camera around with me all the time as well.

For the player stats it's just a case of noting the team, who comes on and who scores what, and if you miss a match (like at Neath this season) Alan, Milo or one of the supporters who went can fill you in on the details.

For the rest it's just a case of checking the results and scoring breakdowns for the other clubs and sticking it all into tables and getting it to our fantastic printers (Email is a wonderful thing). The internet is the best way to find out scoring details, but I also have a list of contacts at some of the other Premier division clubs. Granted, some clubs are easier to extract information from than others, but nearly all club webmasters are excellent people and good to deal with (rather like our own top dog). I can give you the blank templates I use so you won't have to mess about designing tables.

Plenty of time before the new season starts, but PM me if you want to discuss it. As our mighty leader (Milo) can tell you from experience (and the guy does a hell of lot more than me), these things are not done for money, kudos or anything else, the work is its own reward, and I’ve thoroughly enjoyed it.

I've put a page with a random sample of the completed tables on my second site ( http://www.ebbwplayers.com/samplestats.htm ). It's not a bad job to do if you have a little time and can use a mouse.