Olly!

Whether you're looking forward to kick-off or the final whistle has blown, this is the place for supporters of EVRFC

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

Beefy

Olly!

Post by Beefy »

Well, it's been a long time...... There weren't many of us that went on the supporters bus back in those days, and that means those who frequent this board today and say they've been there forever! OK, they might have travelled by their own steam but when you could only just about fill a mini bus, the supporters from those days really know each other quite well! (Isabel was there, Mr White Beard, John Healey, we all know...)
Anyway, I'm so pleased that someone like Olly has made it back, I don't think I'm alone in believing that he should have stayed on when we went up. A couple of the Npt boys went their own way but Olly really wanted to stay. A few of our 1st team today could learn a lot from Olly's front row play, even in this most mobile game!.
To those of us that went through the "Penarth" years though, let us not forget, and thankfully at least one "old boy" (for he is a legend for more than one reason) will take the field just one more time.
Now all we need is Phil and Julian, then there's that lanky 2nd row who ended up in the wrong end of Gwent, after an Ebbw sponsored trip to NZ, bring on Dai H, Mal S (please be there again tomorrow Sibby), Mr Neal.......at his rate I'll be glued to the old pics for ages before tomorrow's game. I Used to think Alan Morgan lived in the past, now I know why. Getting through the hard times is sometimes more important than winning in the good times.

As for our current team.....do not let the past affect today in any negative way. Use it as a motivation....just ask Olly!

We salute you Andrew Oliver.
crusader

Skip

Post by crusader »

Of course, Olly has the distinction of being the only guy ever to captain Ebbw to a promotion-winning season. For that alone, he should have the freedom of ECP.