Nigel Davies to stay in charge.

Cymru Am Byth ('nuff said)

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

is steve going?

Nigel Davies to stay in charge.

Post by is steve going? »

Pickering: ‘I’m not going anywhere’Oct 4 2007

by Delme Parfitt, South Wales Echo

WELSH Rugby Union chairman David Pickering has hit back at calls for his head following the dismissal of Gareth Jenkins.

Some pundits and sections of the public have demanded changes at the top of the governing body amid yet another furore around the Welsh game.

But Pickering says he is going nowhere and defended the work he is doing.

“We have never flinched from making tough decisions and feel we handled it in exactly the right way,” he said.

“There will be no changes at the top, we are running the business in the proper way and the board are happy with us.

We have been in down times before and what is needed is stability, firm management and decisiveness, and that is what we are doing.

“People forget over the past three years I have played a major part in reducing the debt by £30m.

“I am confident in my role and I am very positive going forward.”

Meanwhile, the WRU were today set to announce who will take charge of the Wales team in a caretaker capacity for the visit of South Africa next month.

The appointment is expected to come from one of the current backroom staff, all of whom will stay in place for that game on November 24.

Assistant coach Nigel Davies is the favourite for the role.
Dil

Post by Dil »

I might apply for the permanent position and appoint my mates as backroom staff .... you and ANT won't be getting a call.
is steve going?

Dil wrote:I might apply for the permanent position and appoint my mates as backroom staff .... you and ANT won't be getting a call.
Already turned them down gambling man. :lol:
Dil

Post by Dil »

It was probably your line out jumping expertise they were after.

:lol:
is steve going?

Dil wrote:It was probably your line out jumping expertise they were after.

:lol:
Yes mate. touch line it's the only one I can see over. :lol:
oH! by the way, here is that job advertisement you wanted. :wink:

Wales Rugby Union advert for new coach.

NATIONAL COACH OPPORTUNITY

We are looking for dynamic coach to join our elite team and lead Wales rugby into a new era. This is an exciting opportunity to lead a high-profile rugby team at the world-class level.

Are you the type of person that loves totally unrealstic expectations? Do you lie awake at night yearning to be despised by millions of people? If so, this could be the opportunity for you.

You will have:
- Experience of dealing with giant conflicting egos
- Proven ability of flailing about pointlessly while your employers have countless AGMs and EGMs to try and push through changes that might benefit you, only to have them blocked by the secretary of Trinant RFC, Division 5 South East.
- Experience of being ignored by senior professionals
- Experience of being slagged off by senior professionals on television
- Ability to take on unrealistic expectations due to achievements of previous generations
- Resilience to perform while said generations constantly tell the whole world how you and your team is not good enough

If this sounds like you, then please get your psychiatrist to ring WRU recruitment on 029 20524254.
advert for them to use in recruitment for the new court jester coach: