Gareth Jenkins "The People's Choice"

Cymru Am Byth ('nuff said)

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

Jeff

Gareth Jenkins "The People's Choice"

Post by Jeff »

Yeah, right.

Whaitewash to Grand slam and back again in 4 years.

Mr Jenkins, you've been found out.
Hanging is too good for a man who makes puns -- he should be drawn and quoted.
String

Post by String »

Not sure where this "peoples choice" came from.

I dont know of a single person the civilised side of the lougher that actually wanted the idiot.
is steve going?

Post by is steve going? »

After yesterday's fiasco against Italy, his head should now be on the chopping block. Why was Colin Charvis not picked for the squad, anyone know?
Audi Diesel

Gareth Jenkins

Post by Audi Diesel »

I think he has to be given another 18 mths. Others - who became successful - have gone through the troughs first.

Strangely, most of the WElsh selections are not controversial. The gap between getting enough ball for a reasonably dangerous backline and failing to secure enough is quite small. But the inability of our front five to impose themselves is the source of most of our problems. And I don't think that's a coaching issue for Wales - it's just that the front five aren't quite at the level needed and this shows in the regional teams too, where our front five do not usually distinguish themselves for their regional teams againsts some ordinary opposition.

But it is redeemable. I would rather be in Wales' position than Scotland's - wooden spoon or not. A few key players in the front five would make Wales a dangerous team: SCotland's backs are almost beyond redemption, and the game is in long-term decline there.
Jonny Bonkers

Post by Jonny Bonkers »

Is that Gareth Jenkins that's just signed as England poofball coach? one 'ell of a likeness!!
What's that coming over the hill, is it my daddy?
is steve going?

Post by is steve going? »

Gareth Jenkins helps Welsh prepare to face All Blacks

London Welsh have called upon the services of former Wales coach Gareth Jenkins ahead of their National League One clash with the Cornish All Blacks.

Jenkins will be putting the Welsh players through their paces as they build up to Saturday’s match at Old Deer Park, after Alex Codling recently left the clubs coaching staff due to work commitments.

London Welsh chief executive Peter Thomas said “We’re delighted to have Gareth helping us prepare for a very important game this weekend. He’s an outstanding coach with a great deal of experience, and I’m sure his involvement will give the guys a tremendous lift as we go through our preparations.

“We are delighted that Gareth has found time in his busy schedule to assist us, and having lost Alex it’s great to be able to call on someone of Gareth’s experience.”
String

Post by String »

I really feel for london welsh - they've just lost an excellent coach and had him replaced by one of the least capable in the game today.