Would you?

If you have any comments or views on the Gwent Dragons this is the place to post.

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

Would you watch them if it was a genuine region run by the clubs of Gwent instead of Newport?

Yes if it was run as a genuine region and Newport was taken out of the name.
69%
Only when satan buys a gritter.
13%
I already do.
19%

Total votes: 16

Henry Crun

Would you?

Post by Henry Crun »

Would you go and watch the Dragons if it was a properly run and genuine Gwent region that incorperated all of the clubs in Gwent and wasn't just focussed on and run by Newport?
Or would you not be interested in watching a regional team no matter what?
Vote and leave your thoughts as well.
Last edited by Henry Crun on 17 Aug 2005 19:36, edited 2 times in total.
"Chickens can't see where they're going in the fog. Unless it's a fog chicken, and there's no such thing as a fog chicken".
ebbwboy

Post by ebbwboy »

I've always supported 'Monmouthshire' or 'Gwent' (against touring sides) so to continue doing so would be natural. A genuine Gwent side, involving all Gwent's clubs and truly reaching outto the whole community, would have my backing.
"We may be in the tropics but today Queensland has been as cold as Ebbw Vale" - Stuart Barnes, Lions' Tour 2001.
Zed

Post by Zed »

It would be nice if Newport was taken out of the name and the side was just referred to as "Dragons" incidentally, the same would be nice for "Cardiff" Blues, "Llanelli" Scarlets and "Neath-Swansea" Ospreys too, and that all sides were referred to by their nick-names!

What else would make people likely to come along and watch?
String

Post by String »

Removing all connections with Newport RFC, removing newport from the name, the branding, the shirts and the newport dominated board.
Spreading some games around.

All would help, none will happen.