Wales

Cymru Am Byth ('nuff said)

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

Steve Young

Wales

Post by Steve Young »

I think the total lack of posts regarding the Wales/Australia match shows how isolated we feel in respect to international rugby. There is obviously that wedge between us,namely "regional rugby", and even though there were players on the pitch that we could directly relate to, Iestyn Thomas for example, time will eventually erode this. Any thoughts? :(

Edit: Sorry Steve, had to move this to the Wales section of the forum.

Henry Crun
(moderator)
wiggy29

Post by wiggy29 »

Its probly what the wru wants, don't want anybody or anything north of the m4 to have anything to do with the national game. Keep it for the minority and not the majority of the supporters of our national game. :cry: :cry: :cry:
piglet

Post by piglet »

I used to care about the National team when I saw its' players on our ground.
Now I feel total detachment. :(
Steve Young

Post by Steve Young »

piglet wrote:I used to care about the National team when I saw its' players on our ground.
Now I feel total detachment. :(
You're right piglet, I always want Wales to win, but the edge has certainly gone in recent years. And if the rest of Wales above the M4 thinks deeply about it they should feel the same. How North Wales can relate to Welsh rugby and especially "their region", the Scarlets is a real mystery to me.
String

Post by String »

I've got little or no interest in international rugby now.

The way the players treated it (gang of 6, strike threats) the way the WRU stick a finger up at the clubs and created the superclubs and so on.

There is now no real link between clubs and international rugby - the WRU have put in so many artificial links that the players and game they play as a whole really means very little to me.

Wales international rugby has now become a game played but the self selected few with no ties whatsoever to the grass roots of the game.