Apathy

Cymru Am Byth ('nuff said)

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

Jeff

Apathy

Post by Jeff »

As per the last thread here. Wales get a 60 point stuffing at the hands of the Saes and i frankly couldn't give a toss.

10 years ago, I would have been inconsolable. Now, I'm more interested in our new season or the 20/20 finals or whether Barry Bonds gets to overtake Hank Aaron as all time baseball home run hitter.

Sad, very sad.
Hanging is too good for a man who makes puns -- he should be drawn and quoted.
piglet

Post by piglet »

But the answer is quite simple Jeff. As I have said repeatedly as we do not see the internetional players at Ebbw Vale we feel nothing for them, or for that matter, the team. That is the difference from ten years ago!
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

There's probably a bit more to it than that.

When we were in the second division pre-1995, we never got to see internationals, well apart from maybe the odd cup game, but I had a huge affinity for the international team. Remember match days in the club and the game on the big screen?

There's so much happened since then, the gang of six, players threatening to strike, "regionalism" the Ruddock affair, Gareth Jenkins (the people's ie Turks) choice, not to mention a Millenium Stadium full of "fans" pointing at themselves on big screens, taking photos of each other etc etc.

All this completely alienates me and I assume, many others on this board and elsewhere.
Hanging is too good for a man who makes puns -- he should be drawn and quoted.
Steve Young

Wales

Post by Steve Young »

It is sad, and I can only say I agree with, and feel exactly the same as all the above. :(