Newbridge v Ebbw Vale

Whether you're looking forward to kick-off or the final whistle has blown, this is the place for supporters of EVRFC

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

Malpas69

Newbridge v Ebbw Vale

Post by Malpas69 »

Just been browsing the Newbridge RFC Forum and most of the posts were very positive and they really fancy their chances against us on Saturday.

They had very little support for their game on Saturday (against Pontypool) and the majority of the crowd were Pooler fans and it was commented that it felt like a Pontypool home game.

It is vital that we get as many supporters as possible down there on Saturday to cheer on the boys. These next three games are absolutely vital to us and two wins will make us safe (I reckon).

What is the injury situation like?? Hopefully with a fortnight of inactivity, we will be able to field a pretty strong team. Hopefully we will be able to field players in their correct positions (like back rows in the back row instead of the second row).

I sincerely hope that Jason Williams will be fit, as the backs seem to function better when he is playing, plus his goal kicking obviously. Hopefully our forwards will be able to win some good ball and let the backs have a run, as this seems to be the weakness of Newbridge (according to their website).

I am starting to get very twitchy now, especially given what happened to us in the last couple of games last year. We need two wins out of the next three games at least.

Please ... please ... c'mon Ebbw ... !!
Crime in multi-storey car parks - that is just wrong on so many different levels!!
Graham

Post by Graham »

Well said. Let's get down there in numbers.

This is a vital game. If we win and Cardiff beat Caerphilly (anyone's guess to call that one) then we are safe.

Let's all get down there and get vocal for the boys. :!:
Graham

Post by Graham »

According to the WRU site, the officials for this match are.....

Ref - Tim Hayes
TJ1 - Joe McGrath
TJ2 - Chris Morgan
afan

Post by afan »

Only 1 touch judge now either Harries or HANCOCK TO RUN THE LINE FOR US GOD HELP IT
Graham

Post by Graham »

afan wrote:Only 1 touch judge now either Harries or HANCOCK TO RUN THE LINE FOR US GOD HELP IT
Hey fella, why can't you do it? You are more qualified than either of those.

Get your boots out mate, you are needed.
Malpas69

Newbridge Team for Tomorrow

Post by Malpas69 »

Newbridge team for tomorrow from the Newbridge RFC website ....

Team News

15. R Davies
14. M Addis
13. A N Other
12. G Bowen
11. A N Other
10. R Watts
9. M Taylor

8. S Greedy
7. S Coles
6. M Ackerman
5. P Watkins
4. P. Edwards
3. P Taylor
2. L.Davies
1. A.Oliver
Crime in multi-storey car parks - that is just wrong on so many different levels!!
Graham

Re: Newbridge Team for Tomorrow

Post by Graham »

Malpas69 wrote:Newbridge team for tomorrow from the Newbridge RFC website ....

Team News

15. R Davies
14. M Addis
13. A N Other
12. G Bowen
11. A N Other
10. R Watts
9. M Taylor

8. S Greedy
7. S Coles
6. M Ackerman
5. P Watkins
4. P. Edwards
3. P Taylor
2. L.Davies
1. A.Oliver
I bet the two A.N.Others will be Dragons. Sione and Breeze are my guesses.
Malpas69

Help from the Dragons

Post by Malpas69 »

Graham ... you are probably right ... we must be the only team in the Premier Division who have received absolutely no help whatsoever from our regional squad.

I will be a bit p****d off if they do borrow regional players ... but we should use that as an incentive. The D*****s do not have a game this weekend, so the more I think about it ... the more I think you are correct.

Sometimes regional players only go through the motions ... let's hope that is the case tomorrow.

C'mon Ebbw ... !!
Malpas69

Game v Newbridge

Post by Malpas69 »

Reading the Newbridge website ... they had a good number (??) training and really fancy turning us over tomorrow.

As you can probably tell ... I am really nervous about tomorrow ... !!

That bleeding 3 point deduction could come back to haunt us yet ... !!
Graham

Re: Game v Newbridge

Post by Graham »

Malpas69 wrote:Reading the Newbridge website ... they had a good number (??) training and really fancy turning us over tomorrow.

As you can probably tell ... I am really nervous about tomorrow ... !!

That bleeding 3 point deduction could come back to haunt us yet ... !!
Looking at their last 8 matches, we are certainly their best hope of getting a win. I can't see them turning over any of the others they've got left. But saying that, we know how dodgy Cardiff and Swansea are when they travel.

They will fancy doing the job on us with their pack by starving us of any usable possession (and it is a very good pack in fairness to them). At home they are not to be taken lightly. Looking at their scores, the opposition have only got into the thirties on 4 occasions. They are no mugs and are certainly better than their league position indicates.

In the matches that they've lost by a good margin, most of the damage has been done by the opposition’s backs, but as we know all too well, if the forwards don't achieve parity (at least) then the tries are not going to come. I hope this lovely weather stays with us, as I think it will suit us more than them.

Brace yourselves for a battle.
Malpas69

Newbridge v Ebbw Vale

Post by Malpas69 »

Although I don't think for one minute that we will get parity up front ... we haven't managed that against any team this year ... I do feel that we might win sufficient ball for our backs to do some damage.

We are fortunate that the likes of Mike Peard, Craig Blunsdon, Joe Powell etc. are not playing, otherwise they would murder us in the forwards.

I just hope and pray that we can win some useful ball. Nice to see Chris back at hooker (that should help) ... but I prefer Manu at 8 as he is the best at picking up the ball from a retreating scrum ... (with the exception of the last scrum against Cross Keys ... !!).
Ewar-Woo-War

Post by Ewar-Woo-War »

Any chance of the score for the people who can't get to Newbridge?
Graham

Post by Graham »

Ewar-Woo-War wrote:Any chance of the score for the people who can't get to Newbridge?
What do you mean you couldn't get there? You're not even trying now fella. :wink:

Newbridge 34 - 48 Ebbw Vale

Caerphilly lost so that makes us safe.