Mark Meenan

You'll never guess what I heard in the pub/club/Tesco's last night.......

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

Malpas69

Mark Meenan

Post by Malpas69 »

Anybody see "The Rugby Club" on Sky Sports yesterday ... ??

They showed clips of the London Welsh v Henley game and who was playing full back for London Welsh ... none other than ex Ebbw Vale player Mark Meenan. He scored a couple of tries too ... !!
Crime in multi-storey car parks - that is just wrong on so many different levels!!
Graham

Post by Graham »

Following his explosive debut against Neath (all those years ago) I was convinced that he would go far. The boy had a lot of flair, but after his initial burst onto the Ebbw scene, he never really looked in danger of repeating it.

A very capable player at the level he's at now though I would guess. It seems odd somehow.... an Irishman playing in England for what used to be a predominantly Welsh club. Still, best of luck to him, he was a tidy bloke as I remember, but he never fulfilled his potential here.
CJ

Mark

Post by CJ »

Yea mark was a cracking little player. Very skillfull.

He beat neath in the cup on his own. I have mentioned his name before during this season. I think at top level he wasnt quite good enough, but i reckon he could definately cut it at our level now.

Might be worth a shout. Then again, lets not forget who our team manager is. be lucky to have a team next year.

Well we'll have a team but will he remember the paperwork for them
:?:
CODLING AND HORGAN, GONNA DO THE JOB!!
html junkie

Post by html junkie »

Mark Meenan had his moments...well, his moment (that Neath cup game).
If only his ability had matched his self confidence he'd have played for England.
Martyn Madden: That's show business
Me: **** off!
Graham

Post by Graham »

html junkie wrote:Mark Meenan had his moments...well, his moment (that Neath cup game).
If only his ability had matched his self confidence he'd have played for England.
Too right, confidence is one thing he was never short of.
RhysJervis

Post by RhysJervis »

My mates had him as training coach for Caerleon 16's. I couldnt believe how unfit he was. 25 stone now and he couldnt do 2 laps of the pitch without being out of breath. He used to be a pretty good player, but he's gone the same way as Darren Morris. (Or did Darren Morris go the same way as Martyn Madden?) You cant fault him for his commitment to developing the young players though.

Oh well, nice day today. Got a match at 2 against some team from Cornwall. Better be off.
...GARN RFC...
ebbwboy

Post by ebbwboy »

RhysJervis wrote:
My mates had him as training coach for Caerleon 16's. I couldnt believe how unfit he was. 25 stone now and he couldnt do 2 laps of the pitch without being out of breath. He used to be a pretty good player, but he's gone the same way as Darren Morris. (Or did Darren Morris go the same way as Martyn Madden?) You cant fault him for his commitment to developing the young players though.

Oh well, nice day today. Got a match at 2 against some team from Cornwall. Better be off.
I remember him getting stuffed for 60 minutes by Iestyn Thomas when Ebbw played Llanelli. You could hear the sigh of relief from Madden when Iestyn went off. Trouble was that 'Nursey' Phillips came on and murdered him for the last 20! Mind you, he was a great ball carrier and, if he'd learned to scrummage properly, would have been some player.
Glad to hear he's doing his bit with youth rugby.
"We may be in the tropics but today Queensland has been as cold as Ebbw Vale" - Stuart Barnes, Lions' Tour 2001.