Newport Away

If you are a member of EVRFC Supporters Club then check here for announcements

Moderators: The ref, Henry Crun, Milo

Milo

Newport Away

Post by Milo »

Come on then everyone, give me a ring or a text and get your names down to come to Newport. Our form on the road has been awesome, echoed by another away win today at Ponty (one of the...if not the hardest place to go and win). You all know my number so give me a bell and lets give the boys the support they need and deserve at Newport!!

P.S....that means you too Wally bach!!!
A bad days fishing is better than a great day in work!

http://iainswansonangling.weebly.com/
Milo

Post by Milo »

Only about 8 seats left now so if your leaving it late then they are going fast!!!

Graham

Re: Newport Away

Post by Graham »

Milo wrote: You all know my number so give me a bell and lets give the boys the support they need and deserve at Newport!!
If you don't know his number, just give him a ring and he'll tell you what it is.

Seriously though, there will be no shortage of support for the Steelmen.

Vociferous as usual is the order of the day please guys.
Milo

Post by Milo »

Oh yes, you need to be extra loud with the "Ebbw Ebbw" Saturday.
Nothing motivates the guys more than that!

Graham

Post by Graham »

Newport will be highly motivated this week for a few reasons.

1. They are playing Ebbw Vale (no other reason really needed)
2. They are playing Ebbw Vale who are 9 places above them in the league (they'll want to do something about that)
3. They are on a losing streak of having lost 3 in a row and need to end it soon.
4. There are calls from some supporters for Hembrow to be sacked (pressure there)
5. They are at home where they've only won once so far this season (more pressure there again)
6. I refer you to item number 1

This is going to be tough. I fully expect it to be unpleasant both on and off the field (in certain areas). However, providing we keep the same mind set as we have of late, I am sure we will win. Both clubs need to win this for very different reasons.

My gut feeling is that we will see a match in which the emphasis will be "make sure you don't lose". As we know, in that type of match it's never pretty and passages of open rugby are like a jockeys legs (few and far between).

I'll be very disappointed if we see any less that 100% commitment from the Vale (players and supporters alike). If an Ebbw Vale player can't get motivated to play against Newport, they shouldn't be wearing the Ebbw jersey (but I have a feeling that we won't be found wanting in that department).
Milo

Post by Milo »

Hopefully the pressure will get to them and they'll try too hard, resulting in errors and frustration!

I think if we play the game in the backs tomorrow and give them the chances to run at them we should be ok. A lot of the reports on Newport games say that the backs is what lets them down. So I hope we can exploit it, and make the most of this.

wiggy29

Post by wiggy29 »

Whats the times for this day out to the city?
String

Post by String »

Hopefully the pressure won't get to Ebbw. A superior side provided they play sensibly.

Not sure whether to go or not as it involves paying n*****t money.
If i do it'll be turn up 30 seconds before, leave immediately afterwards and definitely not buy a pint there.
Raffles

Post by Raffles »

Wiggy, it's meet at 12.30, leave at 12.45!
Lead me not into temptation, I can find it myself!