Thank God for this

If you have any comments or views on the Gwent Dragons this is the place to post.

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

RhysJervis

Thank God for this

Post by RhysJervis »

Well done to the admin first for creating this forum, looks great.

Its great to have our own forum, somewhere we can discuss the Dragons without being moaned at by that Whitcombe and the rest of them. :x

Dragons all the way!

By the way i love this new option to include a poll in your post. Very good![/img]
...GARN RFC...
String

Post by String »

Yes you can support newport all in your own little forum and not pollute the ebbw vale part of the board.

Its a great idea.
Graham

Post by Graham »

See, I told you it was a good board and worth waiting for didn't I?

Now you can post away in here to your heart's content.
Seisyll ap Dyfnwal

Re: Thank God for this

Post by Seisyll ap Dyfnwal »

RhysJervis wrote:Dragons all the way!
I agree this is a great board, but until the Dragons drop 'Newport' from the title and become a truely representative regional side, I for one, will not be supporting them. 8)
String

Post by String »

I suspect thats the view of most ebbw vale fans. Certainly i want nothing to do with a team called newport and run by newport.

If they want to be a gwent region they should act like it.
RhysJervis

Post by RhysJervis »

Another good idea would be to have a board for Premiership clubs. I support Newport, and i would like to talk about them also. Great game against Cardiff the other day!
...GARN RFC...
String

Post by String »

Its got one, its called "General Discussion".

Given youre such a rabid newport fan primarily you may be better off on the newport board.
You wont find any sympathy here for either of their teams.
RhysJervis

Stay away old posters

Post by RhysJervis »

Now come on, we both know that if i posted anything to do with Newport on the General Discussions board i'd be labelled an idiot, WUM etc (not that i care.)

And im not looking for sympathy, im here to talk rugby, anything to do with the Dragons. Now i didnt post on the old board because i had all the crap off Graham etc about being a Newport supporter, now they told me before that they didnt want anything to do with the Dragons, so i would appreciate it if they didnt come on this forum (The Dragons), because obviously they have no interest.

Thanks

If i get the old posters (Whitcombe, Graham and the rest) coming on this board then i wont hesitate to come on the ebbw one. At the moment i have no interest in it, but that will change if i get them coming on here.
...GARN RFC...
String

Re: Stay away old posters

Post by String »

RhysJervis wrote:Now come on, we both know that if i posted anything to do with Newport on the General Discussions board i'd be labelled an idiot, WUM etc (not that i care.)
Read the descriptions, youre quite entitled to post about newport on there. People may disagree with you but you can still post it.

[quote[
And im not looking for sympathy, im here to talk rugby, anything to do with the Dragons[/quote]

If that newport side is your primary interest then surely you should be using their board where most of their so called fans hang out.
. Now i didnt post on the old board because i had all the crap off Graham etc about being a Newport supporter, now they told me before that they didnt want anything to do with the Dragons, so i would appreciate it if they didnt come on this forum (The Dragons), because obviously they have no interest.
Its a discussion board. Live with it.
People are quite entitled to post that they disagree with you and on any forum they like. A large number of people here dislike the newport dragons and all it stands for. They're quite entitled to post. This isnt a "newport dragons lovers only" forum.

If i get the old posters (Whitcombe, Graham and the rest)
Well those 2 mentioned by name have already posted here.
coming on this board then i wont hesitate to come on the ebbw one. At the moment i have no interest in it, but that will change if i get them coming on here.
This sites main purpose is an ebbw vale rugby board, its run on the unofficial supporters site. Ebbw vale is topic number one. If your primary interest is newport then surely it makes sense to post there and find more like minded people than posting here just winding up the vast majority who want nothing to do with it.. If you have no interest in ebbw vale or an ebbw vale forum why are you here at all ?

Final point, you dont need to PM users saying theres a post. Its easy to find out without doing that.
Graham

Post by Graham »

RhysJervis wrote:Another good idea would be to have a board for Premiership clubs. I support Newport, and i would like to talk about them also. Great game against Cardiff the other day!
I suggest you look in HERE. All premier clubs have their own sites and nearly all of them have their own message boards.

You will find many like minded people who follow Newport RFC and the Dragons. You will find many like minded people who follow Newport RFC and the Dragons But feel free to post what you want in the general discussion forum. If anyone starts getting needlessly abusive toward you or anyone else, they get banned. It's easy fella, just report it to Admin or the mods for those individual forums.
Graham

Re: Stay away old posters

Post by Graham »

RhysJervis wrote:Now come on, we both know that if i posted anything to do with Newport on the General Discussions board i'd be labelled an idiot, WUM etc (not that i care.)
If that is the case, the posts will be removed and the people abusing you will be banned. As per the warning on the "Rules and registration" section. Things like that will not be tolerated on this board.
RhysJervis wrote:they told me before that they didnt want anything to do with the Dragons, so i would appreciate it if they didnt come on this forum (The Dragons), because obviously they have no interest.
Are you telling us where we can and can't go on here? My my, you are getting a bit big for those boots. This is the Dragons section of the forum and (just as you will) I will post my views on the said topic. I find it hard to believe that you could take offence because someone has an opposing view to yours of the Dragons. I have a view and will post it.
RhysJervis wrote:If i get the old posters (Whitcombe, Graham and the rest) coming on this board then i wont hesitate to come on the ebbw one. At the moment i have no interest in it, but that will change if i get them coming on here.
Dear dear, that sounds like you are making demands. This is a board for "everyone". As long as people stick within the given parameters of the particular forum in which they are posting, there is not a problem.
If posts are made in the wrong forums then I'm sure the Admin or the board moderators will move it to the correct section.
Now stop making your demands and start posting about the Dragons since that is what this section is for.
RhysJervis

Thats bull

Post by RhysJervis »

Thats rich coming from you Graham. One rule for one, and a different one for others. You told me before to stay away from the forum.

Im not making demands, < deleted by moderator - read the rules and play nice > .

Edited by the ref due to personal remarks
...GARN RFC...
String

Post by String »

Still waiting for you to explain why if:

(i) You're a newport RFC supporter
(ii) A newport dragons supporter and
(iii) Have "no interest" in the ebbw vale section of this board,

why exactly you are using an ebbw vale board and not the newport boards which exist and graham kindly linked in his post. Surely if you have no interest and want to discuss the other clubs you'd be better off there ?
Graham

Re: Thats bull

Post by Graham »

RhysJervis wrote:Thats rich coming from you Graham. One rule for one, and a different one for others. You told me before to stay away from the forum.

Im not making demands, < deleted by moderator - read the rules and play nice > .

Edited by the ref due to personal remarks
Well done Rhys. The forum has been open 2 days and you've already incurred the wrath of the moderators. I have in the past suggested to you that Newport has a forum dedicated to them and the Dragons that would have suited you better than airing your views on the old Voy forum (whose supporters had very litle urge to talk about the Dragons). But now the good pepole who run this board have seen fit to set aside a nice little section for Dragons issues which can be ignored by people if they so desire.

This section is for anyone who has something to say about the Dragons, so instead of wasting bandwidth by telling me and Mr Whitcombe that we can't post in here, I suggest that you use this section for the use it was intended for (discussing the Dragons).

You have constantly whinged about not being able to debate issues regarding the Dragons and that nobody would take any notice of your posts on the Voy board about the Dragons, yet you have made 4 posts in the Dragons section and not even discussed them once. Stick to the topic.

Conversation over.

PS. Nice to see the mods are on the case. Well done sirs. 8)
Zed

Post by Zed »

String wrote:Still waiting for you to explain why if:

(i) You're a newport RFC supporter
(ii) A newport dragons supporter and
(iii) Have "no interest" in the ebbw vale section of this board,

why exactly you are using an ebbw vale board and not the newport boards which exist and graham kindly linked in his post. Surely if you have no interest and want to discuss the other clubs you'd be better off there ?
The Black and Ambers site no longer has a Dragons section.