Rod Snow sums things up

If you have any comments or views on the Gwent Dragons this is the place to post.

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

Wally

Rod Snow sums things up

Post by Wally »

Rod Snow in an interview in todays Newport Gwent Argus said the following

"I still feel like I'm playing for a Newport team when I'm playing for the Dragons. It may be a little bit politically incorrect, but it's just the way I see it in my heart and soul.
Positive Mental Village Attitude.

C'Mon Ebbw

You can take the Wal out Of Ebbw but you can't take the Ebbw out of the Wal.
Graham

Post by Graham »

If even the players are saying it, what else is there? There has been a debate going on on the official Pooler site for a while and as far as I can see, this is a real catch 22 situation. They want us non-Newport fans to go and support them first to show that we will get behind this (ahem) region if it changes. But we ain't going anywhere near it until changes are made.

Official Pooler Board. Look in the News and views section.
RhysJervis

Post by RhysJervis »

But look how long Rod has served at Newport. You cant really expect anything else. Good support in Neath on Saturday by the way.
...GARN RFC...
String

Post by String »

Just highlights what everyone in gwent already knows. There is no gwent team, its a stand alone newport team.

The board think that, its marketted as such, theyve gone out of their way to make it that and even the players think its newport. They havent changed at all and havent made even the slightest attempt at becoming regional.

Hopefully as their backer has gone, snow gone, montgomery gone, marinos resigning, large losses being run up they'll go to the wall, out of business and a proper gwent side can form from the ruins.
DaiC

Re: Rod Snow sums things up

Post by DaiC »

Wally wrote:Rod Snow in an interview in todays Newport Gwent Argus said the following

"I still feel like I'm playing for a Newport team when I'm playing for the Dragons. It may be a little bit politically incorrect, but it's just the way I see it in my heart and soul.
Weren't the words 'in my own mind' also included in his quote.

That to indicates to me, that whilst he may have wished they were Newport he was infact playing for a different entity.
html junkie

Post by html junkie »

Ah the great Rod Snow :idea: , that local hero in Newport. The same Rod Snow who instigated the mass brawl that led to 2 Ebbw players being sent off by taking Paul Pook's legs from under him at a restart. Remember how Ebbw then had to play for an hour with 13 men? Remember how we still beat the Blackened Embers?
Yeh, thanks for the memory, Snowy :roll:
Martyn Madden: That's show business
Me: **** off!
Zed

Post by Zed »

Rod Snow has been a fine player for Newport RFC and for the Dragons.

Personally I don't agree with his comment, but there you go.

I only shout Dragons when I'm down RP! There's a sizeable and vocal posse standing on the Argus Terrace that do the same! Com eand join us, make the Dragons voice more vocal! Win the battle from the inside!
String

Post by String »

Wrong forum - we dont support newport so have no intention of supporting a team called newport playing in newport with newport plastered over the shirt and run by newport.
Eye Jay

Paul Turner

Post by Eye Jay »

What also sums them up is Paul Turner's comments.

I can't quote exactly but he basically said;

We have to get the rest of Gwent behind the region.
We need to get more of them to Rodney Parade

I believe that's called an oxymoron.
Or is he perhaps American and doesn't get irony?
Graham

Re: Paul Turner

Post by Graham »

Eye Jay wrote:What also sums them up is Paul Turner's comments.

I can't quote exactly but he basically said;

We have to get the rest of Gwent behind the region.
We need to get more of them to Rodney Parade

I believe that's called an oxymoron.
Or is he perhaps American and doesn't get irony?
The man has clearly been away too long and doesn't realise the depth of feeling (not only at Ebbw Vale).

These hollow sounds from him and Hazell etc mean nothing without action. They should stop telling the media that it's a region (because they are actually lying) and go and do something about it.
Zed

Post by Zed »

Turner is trying to look forward and not backwards, are you lot? I hope so.