Ceri Sweeney Sums Them Up!

If you have any comments or views on the Gwent Dragons this is the place to post.

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

Nick

Ceri Sweeney Sums Them Up!

Post by Nick »

Well it hasn't taken Ceri Sweeney long to sum up the Dragons supporters this is what he says in today's Argus:

"Coming here has been different. I found the fans a bit harsher towards you here, they'd have a bit of a go at you at Pontypridd, but here they're a bit nastier though perhaps that's down to how it's changed as a profession."

A bit "Nastier" eh? Well I'm afraid that's Newport supporters for you Ceri, you ought to try them over at NRFC (or read their web site) to really see how nasty they can be.

Overall it seems poor Ceri has got on the wrong train and can see the buffers looming for the NGD's. Hazell isn't putting any more money in, Brown is gone and now they don't want people to shout "N**P**T" at games. I wonder if they'll start up a new petition?

http://www.thisisgwent.co.uk/gwent/sport/SPORT0.html
RhysJervis

Post by RhysJervis »

Let him go, he's crap anyway!

You wouldnt believe how pathetic you sound. You would swear your SCARED of them or something?
...GARN RFC...
EIA

Post by EIA »

RhysJervis wrote:Let him go, he's crap anyway!

You wouldnt believe how pathetic you sound. You would swear your SCARED of them or something?

Excuse me Mr Jervis but abuse of another member is not allowed on this board, so reserve it for your mates in Newport they are more used to it. And as to sounding pathetic you should read your posts before pressing the submit button.

As for the above post by Nick it was an accurate posting of the Argus article and one most rugby supporters in south Wales who have visited RP would agree wholeheartedly with, I certainly do.
E I Addio Ebbw Almost Won the Cup
String

Post by String »

Looks like sweeny has realised what an insular place newport is to be. What he's saying isnt something most people didnt know already.
Graham

Post by Graham »

RhysJervis wrote:Let him go, he's crap anyway!

In fairness to Ceri (even though I think his form has been unpredictable to say the least this season) he really was a very good and also a promising player not so long back.

I just think he's not being given any encouragement at RP. Perhaps his face doesn’t fit in. I know people that have played for Newport and not felt like part of the club. Players need this no matter how much you pay them. If a player isn't happy and he's got fans being nasty toward him, is he likely to produce his best work in that sort of environment? Fans can be very fickle. If a player is having a good day, the bloke is a genius and the best thing since sliced bread, but if the same player is struggling, he gets abuse at the exact time he should be getting encouragement. The old "chin up fella, keep going" type of speech goes a long way when a player is having a hard time. I guarantee that it will get better results than "you are Tony Brown dollop you Martyn Hazell, get lost".

I (along with most fans) have been guilty of saying, "sort it out". I even mutter to the fans around that the old so and so is having an awful game. But I have witnessed players taking some uncalled for abuse from their own fans who just can't see that what they are doing is destructive. Our own loyal band of fans was praised highly in the press this week for the way they got behind a beaten (and second best) team. When a player or team is under the cosh, that is when they need your support as opposed to only when your team is winning by a country mile and running in try after try.
Steve Young

Ceri Sweeney

Post by Steve Young »

I think Sweeney is a very good player, a bit demotivated, a little off form, but still very good. For a "fan" to say he is crap anyway, just puts the rest of N.G.D.'s squad in perspective. P.S. One of my employees were in school with him and says he is a good(valley's) bloke too. :)
Dil

Post by Dil »

Oh I do hope our mate Rhys caught his bus to Newport this evening. The sight of the Dragqueens loyal supporters leaving in their droves after 57 minutes was a joy to behold.

Brought tears to my eyes.

:)
RhysJervis

Post by RhysJervis »

Couldnt be there tonight. Again unfotunately.

Im Garn through and through, best club in Wales. I'll NEVER leave there. Had training tonight, cant miss that for anything. Even Newport! (Oops the Dragons)

And back to the main point, we ALL saw how good Sweeney was tonight.
...GARN RFC...
Eye Jay

Post by Eye Jay »

At 0 - 42, I didn't realise how much I could enjoy a N*****t v Llanelli game. Should put it on every Friday night!

My heart bleeds for them.
RhysJervis

Post by RhysJervis »

Not even worth a decent reply
...GARN RFC...
wiggy29

Post by wiggy29 »

It dose show the true supporters they have leaving really early. Back to the old days now, always losing with around 150 watching, not looking good for them. :)
RhysJervis

Post by RhysJervis »

Reminds me of another team around here then.....
...GARN RFC...
valleyblues

Post by valleyblues »

Name names?
Villa, we are coming for you!!!!!
RhysJervis

Post by RhysJervis »

always losing with around 150 watching, not looking good for them
Take a WILD guess
...GARN RFC...
ebbwboy

Post by ebbwboy »

RhysJervis wrote:
always losing with around 150 watching, not looking good for them
Take a WILD guess
Errr... Brynmawr?
"We may be in the tropics but today Queensland has been as cold as Ebbw Vale" - Stuart Barnes, Lions' Tour 2001.