New Rumours

You'll never guess what I heard in the pub/club/Tesco's last night.......

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

Malpas69

New Rumours

Post by Malpas69 »

Well with training starting next week ... I'm sure the rumours will start doing the rounds.

I hope so ... things have been pretty quiet on here recently.

Any news on the 2 second rows we were talking to ... ??

Any news on our southern hemisphere tight head prop ... ??

Any new news on anybody ... ??
Crime in multi-storey car parks - that is just wrong on so many different levels!!
Graham

Re: New Rumours

Post by Graham »

Malpas69 wrote:Well with training starting next week ... I'm sure the rumours will start doing the rounds.

I hope so ... things have been pretty quiet on here recently.

Any news on the 2 second rows we were talking to ... ??

Any news on our southern hemisphere tight head prop ... ??

Any new news on anybody ... ??
I don't usually like to get involved in rumours and speculation as you all know :wink:, but I've heard the same rumour from 3 different sources now regarding signings. That rumour is that we have signed a scrum half, a lock and an outside half (of course, we will have to wait for an official update on the home page).

As for the southern hemisphere prop, I would guess that the club are still talking to the agents, but if all goes well, wouldn't it be nice to have another Ben Coutts on our hands (as long as this one has a bit more discipline and as long as Kingsley keeps his hands off this one).

But these are just rumours and should be treated as such.
CK

Post by CK »

The scrum half is from Llanharan and bloody good. I played in the same team as him 3 years ago.
The second row is about 55 years old but I can't remember his name.
I'm not into rumours just facts so heres the facts!!!
OBPRS
html junkie

Post by html junkie »

CK wrote:The second row is about 55 years old but I can't remember his name.
Almost as old as Kuli then!
Martyn Madden: That's show business
Me: **** off!
Malpas69

Post by Malpas69 »

Well I was hoping that one of the second rows we were talking to was Craig Blunsdon ... but read in the N*****t Gwent Andrex yesterday that he had signed for Pontypool, along with Ross Watts, Rhys Hallett and Craig Powell (another second row).

We have one of the best (if not the best second row in the division), but we definitely need cover ... something that we were lacking last season.

Hopefully things might become a little clearer when training starts next week.
Crime in multi-storey car parks - that is just wrong on so many different levels!!
CK

Post by CK »

I think the second row was Gareth Taylor but can't be sure!!?? He was definetely well into his thirties.
He's seen a bit of game time thats for sure if it was him!!!!!
OBPRS
ebbwboy

Post by ebbwboy »

CK wrote:I think the second row was Gareth Taylor but can't be sure!!?? He was definetely well into his thirties.
He's seen a bit of game time thats for sure if it was him!!!!!
Gareth Taylor has often been voted 'The opponent you'd most like playing for you' by me and my merry band of ebbw watchers. He's a real dog, a thorough nuisance and has always played well against us for a variety of clubs. My only worry would be his age.
"We may be in the tropics but today Queensland has been as cold as Ebbw Vale" - Stuart Barnes, Lions' Tour 2001.
Malpas69

Post by Malpas69 »

Like many other people, I happen to think that Gareth Taylor is a good player. He might be the wrong side of 30, but all we really want is cover and given that he is seeking to develop a career in the police, he would be an ideal bloke to have in the squad.

Remember he played for Cross Keys against us last season (at Pandy Park) and caused us real problems. He is a real dog with a bit of bite (pardon the pun). I for one would not be upset if he joined. We still need another second row mind ... I know they are like gold. I was actually hoping that we might pick up Craig Blunsdon or Wayne Simms, but they have both been snapped up. Another I would really like to sign is Paul Jones (Caerphilly). I know he has had problems in the past, but I thought he was superb against us last season.
CK

Post by CK »

If it was Gareth Taylor then he is more likely to start than be on the bench. Gareth Jones was impressive last year but Neil Edwards is a bit of a gamble as he may not even play half the time due to whatever reason. I can't really think of any other second rows, except Richard Aylett, who are spealized as such. Bowen tries hard but he's a No.6 not a No. 5.
Have we signed someone else I haven't heard about??
Regarding good props, they are like gold dust at the moment but I do know Ebbw Vale are speaking to an extremely good tight head at the moment who won't let anyone down. I guaratee you!! The trouble EV will have is holding on to him for an entire season. The same trouble we had with Ben C.
OBPRS
Poolersaint

Post by Poolersaint »

Gareth is only 32 and if you do pick him up could be a handy player for Ebbw. I wish he were coming back to Pooler to be honest, he's a good old fashioned workhorse in the 2nd row which is something every side needs.