RIP JONAH

The place for discussion of those things not related to the Club, but beware there are limits!!

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

viewfromthestand

RIP JONAH

Post by viewfromthestand »

Many of us Ebbw stalwarts will remember that Wednesday night fixture when the All Black Legend Jonah Lumo donned the Red ,Green and White of Ebbw Vale RFC and ran out onto Eugene Cross Park. I am proud to say I was there. Today, in a week blighted by the Paris tragedy we learn of another great loss. Jonah has passed away at the tender age of 40.
He bucked the trend in rugby where second rows were huge and wingers were tiny. This giant of a man was the blueprint for the way rugby has gone, 17 to 20 stone centres and wingers . outside halves at 6 foot five and 15 stone. Jonah was unique, he had speed , size and above all charisma.
Many more of us will have heard him speak at various gents evenings around the borough. He was a honest, humble gentleman . A TRUE LEGEND IN THE GAME OF RUGBY UNION. RIP Jonah.
robert rees

Re: RIP JONAH

Post by robert rees »

I am devastated by this news. Although I never saw him play live he surely has to be u for sportsman of the century though.
RIP Jonah ,

True man
True rugby player
True legend
robert rees

Post by robert rees »

http://m.southwalesargus.co.uk/news/140 ... ity_match/
Should be a link to a good article on Jonah at Ebbw
Malpas69

Post by Malpas69 »

robert rees wrote:http://m.southwalesargus.co.uk/news/140 ... ity_match/
Should be a link to a good article on Jonah at Ebbw
That's my picture they've used. They rang me this afternoon and asked me whether they could use it for the article.
Crime in multi-storey car parks - that is just wrong on so many different levels!!
piglet

Post by piglet »

I was there that night and proud to say that I was lucky enough to meet Jonah for a brief discussion.

He was a true gentleman.

Our thoughts go to his family at this sad time.