Went to NewLais

The place for discussion of those things not related to the Club, but beware there are limits!!

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

Stevey

Went to NewLais

Post by Stevey »

Thought I'd take in a game, went to Newbridge who were home to Merthyr, game was changed to Dowlais because of cricket, got to Dowlais 2 mins late. Good to catch up with Neil Edwards, 'bridge only had 15 players from start so uncontested scrums. Against the odds 'bridge didn't give up but then again they had Lennie Woodard on the wing and Jonny Bowen in the side. Merthyr were athletic and tough and offloaded well. They will do well next season. Good to see a game but it reminded me of our years in the Championship, hammering teams weekly. Premiership going to be exciting next year.......get ready.
Malpas69

Re: Went to NewLais

Post by Malpas69 »

Stevey wrote:Thought I'd take in a game, went to Newbridge who were home to Merthyr, game was changed to Dowlais because of cricket, got to Dowlais 2 mins late. Good to catch up with Neil Edwards, 'bridge only had 15 players from start so uncontested scrums. Against the odds 'bridge didn't give up but then again they had Lennie Woodard on the wing and Jonny Bowen in the side. Merthyr were athletic and tough and offloaded well. They will do well next season. Good to see a game but it reminded me of our years in the Championship, hammering teams weekly. Premiership going to be exciting next year.......get ready.
Real shame that Newbridge have allowed themselves to get into the position where they are struggling to raise a side. No team in the Championship should be in that unfortunate situation. What the hell has happened? Sounds like Nelly is doing a great job just to field a team every week. He deserves better than that.
Crime in multi-storey car parks - that is just wrong on so many different levels!!
Stevey

Re: Went to NewLais

Post by Stevey »

I heard they had players unavailable cos of stag do's and they also recruited Matthew J Watkins to assist in coaching. Nelly said he's been a great help.