Ashley sweet

You'll never guess what I heard in the pub/club/Tesco's last night.......

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

shaunspikey

Ashley sweet

Post by shaunspikey »

Rumoured sweety has signed for the dragons,Good luck to him ,well over due but a massive loss for us :(
Always on the bank
robert rees

Re: Ashley sweet

Post by robert rees »

Wouldn't be surprised. Will be interesting to see this develop
Malpas69

Post by Malpas69 »

If it is true and correct, as you say, well deserved and all that. Does that mean that he won't be available for us at all? Or will he be on some kind of dual arrangement like Carl was a few seasons ago?
Crime in multi-storey car parks - that is just wrong on so many different levels!!
valleyblues

Post by valleyblues »

How many 2nd rows do they want? They have landman, screech, hill and cover with Andrews, Davies, Crosswell and Thomas. They are just being greedy :-)
Villa, we are coming for you!!!!!
viewfromthestand

Post by viewfromthestand »

Really good news for Ashley, he deserves his chance at pro rugby . Been the best 2nd row in the premiership for the last couple of seasons. If big Ash is on the move my fear is have we got enough strength in depth in our squad. The two nightly updates have seemed to dry up. The grapevine is quiet. it s a little over three weeks to pre season games kick off . Apart from Josh Lewis we don t appear to have signed anyone outside of last seasons squad. I m wondering with Jason Strange coaching Wales u20 , Ceri Moving down to the Dragons plus our relationship with Kingsley will we be making use of some of the talented youngsters they have down there. basically taking a leaf out of the Keys book. I know we have a limited income stream so is this the road we are choosing to go down. I m sure the more enlightened of you will put me straight.
jadegoodiesfridge

Post by jadegoodiesfridge »

Whisper it ........I've heard we've signed Rory Pitman.
Wynne

Post by Wynne »

Rory Pitman has been training and is looking a very handy player, he is a very big unit and really looks the business. He has good pace for such a big lad and a good skill set so will be a huge asset to us. Ash will be a great loss to us but good luck to him, he deserves it. We are going to have to replace him which is not going to be easy. Things are looking pretty good at the moment so looking forward to the season.
Stevey

Post by Stevey »

Josh Jacas came back to fitness at the end of last season and looked excellent when he featured so looking forward to him being regular.
david brown

Post by david brown »

Just been looking at RORY PITMAN s playing career He was with the Scarlets last season ,stands 6 5 and id 18.5 stone played at number 8.Totally agree about FRANK JACAS class act always feel he could make an excellent back row forward having all the necessary attributes.
valleyblues

Post by valleyblues »

What about rhys clark going back to second row?
Villa, we are coming for you!!!!!
david brown

Post by david brown »

Under normal circumstances that would be the obvious choice.Unfortunately at this very moment we are decimated in the back row .Crocker has left,Cameron is taking a year off and I would assume that young Keddle will figure in the Dragons plans following the departure of Toby Pretty sure the coaching staff are very aware of this ,and only time will tell who we have in mind to replace them.
robert rees

Post by robert rees »

Pitman confirmed today. Great news
robert rees

Post by robert rees »

Congratulations to Ashley who signs a one yr deal with the dragons. Will be sad to see him go but very pleased for him. Like carl Meyer he will be loaned out for a few games according to everything I've read and I wish him all the best.
Malpas69

Post by Malpas69 »

Officially confirmed now about Ashley Sweet. As people have said before (myself included) very much deserved and should/could have happened before now. Great to read that if he is not required for Dragon's duties he will be available for us. That said, I am 100% confident that Josh Jacas will be a more than capable replacement. He is a big athletic lad who has all the attributes to make an outstanding second row forward - provided he can steer clear of injuries. Hopefully he will have a good run in the team to show what he can do. Of course, we also have Rhys Clarke who has played there many times, but (as last season proved), I feel that he is much better utilised in the back row. I'm sure that the 'powers that be' are moving swiftly to replace Ashley as I do feel that we probably need second row cover in the squad.
Crime in multi-storey car parks - that is just wrong on so many different levels!!
robert rees

Post by robert rees »

Agree I think we need lock cover but this has been truly rumoured for at least a few weeks and so I'm sure that the management team have and are looking at cover for him.