Ashley sweet

You'll never guess what I heard in the pub/club/Tesco's last night.......

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

CJ

Re: Ashley sweet

Post by CJ »

must have escaped me as to when carl meyer was loaned out by the dragons.

Congratulations to Ashley on a much deserved pro contract
robert rees

Post by robert rees »

He was out for final I believe.
viewfromthestand

Post by viewfromthestand »

Fairplay our rumour mill is usually correct and the early news Ash was Dragons bound has now been confirmed by the Newport Liar and our very own website. I am really pleased that Ash has been given his chance, or has he? It seems to me the Dragons have signed an abundance of second rows and already had a number in place ie Rynard Landman etc. I think we will still see a lot of Ashley and barring international call ups and a mass injury crisis down at Dave Parade there won t be many games he won t be available to us.
Now another positive Josh Jacas, I really think if he can stay injury free and I hope that s not the curse of the commentator he will be a real asset.Will he be required to jump at 2 as I now our captain is super fit and there is no finer player in the premiership , he is getting older and maybe 80 mins will be getting a bit much especially as his work rate is super human.
I still think we are light in our squad, as I have said so many times we have nt signed a lot of new names. The two we have announced are top class signings, in Josh and Rory. I think we need to be looking for quality back three players, to bolster our already great back three. Losing David Williams was a blow as he was a big awkward player with the heart of a lion. I think Chris Levelsly is a great player but I question his size. Some of the backs we are coming up against are huge and with all his jinking feet I noted he got smashed any number of times last season.
These are just a few areas where we seem a little light weight in my opinion . Hooker, openside, scrum half , wing and full back. What we have got is the basis of a strong unit with our stalwarts ready to play for the badge but they can get injured and have other commitments and therefore become unavailable. EG. When Dan Haymond could nt play because he was working. When Damian had a tattoo convention etc.
All I do know and is the season is nearly here, 2 weeks today our first warm up game, so on your marks, get set and gargle. Get your winter voice in shape.
CJ

Post by CJ »

Carl was an Ebbw player Rob and the Dragons at that time didn't want him playing for us.
chris

Post by chris »

Gutted to see Sweety go, but a great oppprtunity for him to step up nonetheless. Let's face it, if the region had anywhere near a half decent scouting network then he would have stepped up many years ago - a class act, particularly with his lineout work. Good luck to him, but selflishlessly I hope to see him back in Ebbw colours sometime in the future.