next seasons cock up

The place for discussion of those things not related to the Club, but beware there are limits!!

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

david brown

next seasons cock up

Post by david brown »

With next season only four weeks away .the average fans have no idea what is going to happen .Fact ,there will be two separate divisions following the first series of 15 matches .The eight top sides go into group A and the bottom eight sides into group B.Purely for discussion purposes ,let me hypothesise.We scrape into the top half in eighth place with say 40 points .However in the second half of 7 matches we win them all with a further 40 points.Now .are these points added to those accumulated in the first series of games ? or is the second series treated separately? Please if there are any people out there who might know the answer to this riddle .Could they please put myself and many thousands of dedicated fans out of our misery and let us know just what the hell are the WRU playing at? Been trying to contact BAMBER GASCOIGNE but on luck so far.
robert rees

Re: next seasons cock up

Post by robert rees »

As far as im aware the points get carried over to the second half of the season.
viewfromthestand

Post by viewfromthestand »

Totally agree with you David, just visited WRU website where there is no information about league structure at all. I have said this on here before a league system is there so teams gain promotion or get relegated unless like us you are in the premier league whereby you play to become the best team in that league and be hailed champions or you fall by the sword and get dropped down a division. I wish the clubs would gather together and let the union know they are more than capable of running the show without the helping hands of a group of hangers on.This new league really wet s the appetite, I feel hard done by as we had to wait for a number of years to get back into the premiership and teams like Swansea, Merthyr etc. just turn up and waltz back in through the door. These teams coming back though does provide some nice fixtures and one ugly one over Bargoed. All we can do is get down the club get our season tickets and vent our frustrations on the bank. #IT S NEARLY HERE
chris

Post by chris »

Far be it from me to defend the WRU... trust me I have no intention of doing so... but I believe that the club will know the answers to all of the above. It's my understanding that all clubs were consulted on the changes and voted in favour.

I do agree that the communication of how the new league structure will work - to the general public - has been poor however, not sure who is expected to do this WRU or clubs.
valleyblues

Post by valleyblues »

according to the wru

Annexure 2
National League Competition Format
Premier Division
The format of the National League Competition for the Premier Division will change from 2016-2017 onwards.

The new format will see the season split into two blocks.

Block 1 will see fifteen (15) weekends played in a standard League format with all 16 teams playing one another on a home OR away basis. Note: This structure will see clubs playing either 8 home/7 away matches OR 7 home/8 away matches. The scheduling of fixtures over two seasons will regulate this disparity. Therefore, on a two season basis all clubs will have an equal number of home and away fixtures.

At the end of Block 1, the League table will be set. The Clubs in the top eight positions, 1 through to 8, will form Tier 1 of the split Division. The Clubs in the bottom eight positions, 9 through to 16, will form Tier 2 of the split Division.

Block 2 – –– – Tier 1 Block 2 will see 7 weekends played on a standard League format with all 8 teams playing one another on a home OR away basis.
At the end of Block 2 the League table will be set for Tier 1. The Clubs in the top four positions, 1 through to 4, will enter a play off system to determine the Tier 1 Winner.
Block 2 – –– – Tier 2 Block 2 will see 7 weekends played on a standard League format with all 8 teams playing one another on a home OR away basis.
At the end of Block 2 the League table will be set for Tier 2. The clubs in the top four positions, 1 through to 4, will enter a play off system to determine the Tier 2 Winner.

Play Off Matches – –– – Tier 1 & Tier 2 Winners
At the end of the Premier Division season in 2016/2017 there will be a Play Off to determine the Principality Premiership Tier 1 Winner and Tier 2 Winner.
The Play Off will involve the Clubs that finish the 2016/2017 season in the first 4 positions in each of Tier 1 and Tier 2..

The format of the Play Off in each of Tier 1 and Tier 2 will be:
Match 1 - Club 2 v Club 3
Match 2 - Club 1 v Club 4

Match 1 will be played on the Ground of Club 2 Match 2 will be played on the Ground of Club 4

The Final will be played at the home venue of either Club winners from Match 1 and Match 2, the selection of which will be determine by a draw.

Financial Distribution The revenues from each match will be distributed equally on a 50:50 basis as between the competing Clubs after the costs of staging the fixture have been deducted. This is to include the coach travel costs of the participating team. Declaration of Winners Declaration of Winners Declaration of Winners Declaration of Winners

Winners of the matches in each Play Off will be:
(a) The Club which has scored the greatest number of points at the end of the match.
(b) In the event of an equal number of points being scored by each Club at the end of the match, the winner will be declared in the following priority:
(i) the Club which has scored the greater number of tries;
(ii) the Club which has scored the greater number of converted tries;
(iii) if after (i) and (ii) have been applied no clear winner has emerged, extra time of 20 minutes (ten minutes each way) will be played and the winners declared in accordance with (a) or (b), (i) and (ii);
(iv) if the result of Match 1 is still a tie a replay will take place, such replay to be played within 14 days. If the result of the replayed Match 1 is still a tie, the winner will be decided on the toss of a coin; and
(v) if the Final is a tie, the result shall be declared a draw and the Cup held by each Club for six months.

So if I understand this correctly the league winners could face 2 away games in the play offs while the team finishing 4th could have 2 home games, good old wru!
Villa, we are coming for you!!!!!