prem launch

You'll never guess what I heard in the pub/club/Tesco's last night.......

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

robert rees

prem launch

Post by robert rees »

I believe its tomorrow?

Will be good to see it up ECP for the first time.
robert rees

Re: prem launch

Post by robert rees »

Went up and good to see big name faces from the WRU and media up there. Good photo shoot too.
jadegoodiesfridge

Post by jadegoodiesfridge »

Had to chuckle at Geraint John 's prediction that playing in the second tier of the premiership following the split will add " intensity to an already competitive league ".I see it as a series of dead rubbers that add little or no spice to a ridiculous idea .
viewfromthestand

Post by viewfromthestand »

I second that remark Mr Fridge, what a ludicrous idea that the splitting of a league will inspire the lower tier teams. Who in their right mind can see this split being beneficial to any club. What if the club is a slow starter , maybe signed several new players in key positions and they need bedding in games. The early season loses culminate in a bottom 8 spot and therefore no chance of winning anything. A club could have a glut of injuries and once again key players are missing, again resulting in losses. Now they have no chance of a revenge victory in the second half of the season they are doomed to the lower echelons of despair. Mr John says in his statement that he will speak to clubs and supporters alike . Well I m free any day he wants to speak to me. It would be nice to explain how a league system works and that leagues are there to show who are the best teams at the end of the season. likewise , who are the weaker teams. You could have a team now who hits form just before Christmas and starts a winning streak which could have continued to season s end and they could win the league but because early season form was poor they are not in contention. A number of clubs finished within a few points of each other last season , the excitement was there . Results were banded about as soon as all wales sport published them. Well to those clubs who finish in 9 to 16 th spot will they give a monkies, I very much doubt it. i m sure there will be a few who will disagree with me and can see the good in this idea but one s eye is fully opened and for the life of me I cannot accept it as good for the game.