New Dragons kit

If you have any comments or views on the Gwent Dragons this is the place to post.

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

RhysJervis

New Dragons kit

Post by RhysJervis »

How many of you will be joining me in buying the new Dragons shirt? Its not bad, a bit...'white' but worth £50.

Here it is: http://www.pure-rugby.com/detail.asp?PID=1164
...GARN RFC...
String

Post by String »

Andrex is far cheaper (and far more useful)
Graham

Post by Graham »

Still too much black and amber in the colouring. :wink:
RhysJervis

Post by RhysJervis »

Seriously though, what do you think of it?
...GARN RFC...
Graham

Post by Graham »

RhysJervis wrote:Seriously though, what do you think of it?
It is certainly a vast improvement, but I would have still prefered the old Monmouthshire blue jersey. That would have been a totally neutral kit.
RhysJervis

Post by RhysJervis »

Graham wrote:
RhysJervis wrote:Seriously though, what do you think of it?
It is certainly a vast improvement, but I would have still prefered the old Monmouthshire blue jersey. That would have been a totally neutral kit.
Coe on Graham, you cant say thats biased towards Newport whatsoever Its totally neutral and with the new coach and the 'Men of Gwent' being printed on the players shirts, also playing a game vs a GWENT XV things are getting better. I can see your dieing to support them, come on mun :)
...GARN RFC...
String

Post by String »

RhysJervis wrote: Coe on Graham, you cant say thats biased towards Newport whatsoever
Except for the enourmous capital letter "NEWPORT" on the badge you mean...
Its totally neutral
Other than the enourmous "NEWPORT" on the badge in case anyone forgets its actually newport playing.
Last edited by String on 12 Aug 2005 12:04, edited 1 time in total.
RhysJervis

Post by RhysJervis »

I really think its now Newport-Gwent playing, where as last year it was Newport. I predict next year it will be Gwent and we'll get all you Ebbw Vale and Pontypool supporters coming to RP to support the HOME team.
...GARN RFC...
Mykal

Post by Mykal »

RhysJervis bach, I can't help but admire your absolute sheer dogged good faith in the Dragons, I am almost tempted to take an interest in the Dragons just to support you.

But, and it is a big but, it will take a long time before the Dragons are recognised as representing Gwent (East Wales) by the majority of non-Newport supporters and even Newport supporter judging by the infamous petition/actual attendance differential.

It'll need a lot of changes, from little things like no black, no amber, no mention of Newport on the jerseys, to big things like a move away from RP. The creation of a new identity doesn't come quickly, and it certainly don't come cheap. But if you, as the one man PR machine in North Gwent, carry on as you do, you might convert as least some of us!

PS. Anyone for a 'I'm only here cos of RhysJervis' T-Shirt. :D
RhysJervis

Post by RhysJervis »

Absolutely Mykal, im going to keep trying and trying to get you lot down to RP to support our region. I have TOTAL faith in the new coach and therefore the new way of thinking regarding getting Gwent involved. I'l be coming to the Newbury game on Saturday in my Dragons shirt, i always wear my Dragons shirt when im around Ebbw Vale, i go to watch them train and to matches, i ordered my season ticket today, and i have no doubt im the biggest supporter in this part of Gwent. The only team that comes before the Dragons is Garn RFC. You lot just dont know what your missing out on!

(Plus the sooner i get one of you supporting them , the less i'l have to spend on busses :wink: :wink:)
...GARN RFC...
String

Post by String »

RhysJervis wrote:y, and i have no doubt im the biggest supporter in this part of Gwent.
Quite possibly the only one in fact
RhysJervis

Post by RhysJervis »

It was a cert to come from someone, but surprise surprise String got in there first.
...GARN RFC...
String

Post by String »

RhysJervis wrote:I really think its now Newport-Gwent playing
Here lies the problem - it should have nothing to do with newport. Its meant to be Gwent.
Graham

Post by Graham »

RhysJervis wrote:It was a cert to come from someone, but surprise surprise String got in there first.
That's only because I was having a lie in this morning.

:lol:
RhysJervis

Post by RhysJervis »

Llanelli Scarlets - What about the rest of West and NORTH Wales?

Cardiff Blues - What about Pontypridd??

Newport Gwent Dragons - At least we have Gwent in the name, which is more than Cardiff offer Pontypridd and Llanelli offer anybody else in N/W Wales.
...GARN RFC...