chairman statement

The place for discussion of those things not related to the Club, but beware there are limits!!

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

robert rees

chairman statement

Post by robert rees »

http://www.evrfc.co.uk/charimans-statement/

Seems the rumours of some not turning to training could be true.

Also great to clarify fosters cup targets, even though I knew we used it like this anyway
Wynne

Re: chairman statement

Post by Wynne »

The statement from John Jones is right on the button, everybody has to have full commitment on and off the field, the coaches have to know that the players are busting a gut to play for the course and if not they don't deserve to wear the jersey. As far as the Fosters cup is concerned, I believe the club is doing the right thing by looking to the future and not looking for short term results, we could load the side with senior players but would end up gaining nothing, by giving these youngsters an oppitunity it will pays dividends longer term, well to all.
jadegoodiesfridge

Post by jadegoodiesfridge »

It's a sad indictment on Josh Jacas .talented boy ,but you have to admit,if you were there on Wednesday you would have noticed that there were a few boys from Ynysddu who put more effort in half an hour for Ebbw than Josh has done in the last month .Sad but true !
robert rees

Post by robert rees »

Not turning up to training which this seems like what it is is not acceptable with our ethos
chris

Post by chris »

Whilst it is obviously a shame to lose a player of Josh's ability, no one player is bigger than the club.

If the club feel that anything is damaging the team ethos and the togetherness on which our recent success has been built then they are quite right to act quickly and decisively to stamp it out.

I also agree with the approach being taken with the FCC. For me this is a competition to blood youngsters and players from lower divisions, alongside some of our fringe players and the odd player returning from injury. It's a great opportunity to look at the wider talent pool.

Onwards and upwards!
viewfromthestand

Post by viewfromthestand »

Having walked into the club on Wednesday evening, Josh Jacas was walking out.I knew he was having a chat with the chairman and head coach and since he jumped in his car and drove away I twigged he d been offloaded. A young guy with a huge talent and an equally big stature. I think Josh could have been a real asset to our ranks but he did nt show the commitment that our club required. I applaud Jon and Nigel for making this huge call. I understand he went away to play 7's for Bermuda in Dubai and did nt inform the club and then as we were preparing to go up to North Wales he chose to go on holiday without letting anyone know. We had 13 in training the week before our trip up North and no second rows. We are premier league champions not some village outfit and we have built our success on being one big family. So Josh was not the type of clubman we needed. He ll turn up somewhere else and probably move on to greater things but we have a culture and when that culture is broken off you go.
robert rees

Post by robert rees »

Exactly, attitude is key, and he seemed to have lacked the correct one at times.

Tbf going on the 7s without informing isnt wise is it. And holidays well, surely should have given plenty of notice for one that will affect games.
html junkie

Post by html junkie »

Shame to see Josh go as he's a talented athlete and a smashing chap. He may feel other things in life are more important than playing Premiership rugby, and that's his right, but we don't want players with that mindset and I applaud the coaches and management for making that clear.

I also think the club has absolutely the right attitude to the Mickey M... er Fosters Challenge Cup. I don't actually care what other clubs do, they can put their Saturday regulars out against us if they want to.
Martyn Madden: That's show business
Me: **** off!
robert rees

Post by robert rees »

On the subject of lack of training players.

Joe franchi is currently in Amsterdam so wont be training, another out of training? Unless he isn't fit, then perhaps more of an excuse
viewfromthestand

Post by viewfromthestand »

To be honest Rob now is the ideal time to go and have a little break. We only have the FCC this week at Ponty and I m sure as he is our 1st choice hooker at the mo he won t be required. Next meaningful game is Bedwas on Boxing Day. Let s hope that all our injured players are nearly ready for that one and the remaining 2 games, as we are going to need a hefty crew to stay in the top 8.
robert rees

Post by robert rees »

True, thought id bring it up on the topic though
david brown

Post by david brown »

Just wondered where Cameron Regan seems to have disappeared to .? Having spoken to him four weeks ago,he said that he had began training and would be ready by Xmas,These cup games we are currently involved in would seem an ideal time for him to show how he is progressing on the fitness side .We most certainly could use him in view of all the injured players we are missing.
david brown

Post by david brown »

Notice on the Pont net ,that owing to the league inactivity they are giving their first team a run out tonight.Really does make the whole concept of the reason for these games a complete and utter farce.Really am so proud that we adhere to the true meaning and are looking to the future and chose players with a view to them becoming Ebbw Vale,s future.
david brown

HYPOCRISY

Post by david brown »

Can someone out there explain the following ?Headline on the PONTY net it states that the team is bolsterd for to tomorrows game with CARDIFF .by the inclusion of a Blues centre Imagine the Dragons lending us players to play against NEWPORT So very much for the marches and demos against the BLUES ,plain bloody hypocrits.
robert rees

Post by robert rees »

Its cos the blues look at overall development and place pretty much equal numbers at the rags and ponty weekly. Id rather not get too many dragons players whilst playing anyone, especially Newport.