W R U sponsorship

The place for discussion of those things not related to the Club, but beware there are limits!!

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

david brown

W R U sponsorship

Post by david brown »

Just read on the WRU website ,that S P ENERGY NETWORKS have signed a deal to sponsor the WALES u 20 team Part of this package is they will also sponsor the GOGS .This has been instigated by the WRU,It is no wonder that there is such A massive feeling of anger and favouritism throughout the rest of the Premiership clubs at the very special treatment they receive in all facets of the game,
Stevey

Re: W R U sponsorship

Post by Stevey »

You're right, a fortune spent up north means less for every other club. I'm all for development of RGC but they should be driving this forward.
viewfromthestand

Post by viewfromthestand »

I m not bitter about RGC 1404 and to a certain extent I don t mind them being in the premiership. I just feel that there is n't a level playing field. They seem to get a huge helping hand from the Welsh Rugby Union. Now should they get extra sponsorship via SP energy? Why not! If it was a deal done by their club representatives. If as is the case the deal has been brokered by the WRU then all 16 premiership clubs should be entitled to an amount of the spoils. The WRU are an appointed body to run the affairs of the whole of the game in Wales. Not to look upon one club as it has done here. They seem to cut funding to grass roots rugby throughout South Wales but RGC 1404 appear to be teachers pets and get superior treatment. I would suggest they are made into either a fifth region or become the fourth region with the Dragons and Blues merging. Although I don t mind them in the premiership I feel that they don t bring a lot to the table. No real travelling support etc. It would make more sense to regionalise them and bring Pontypool into the premiership . The game in South Wales would benefit 2 fold. 1/ Pooler bring travelling support so bigger gate receipts. 2/ clubs would not need to spend a fortune getting players and officials up to Colwyn Bay twice as is the case for us this year. Probably be three times when the cup is drawn. One more point is how can the WRU gain sponsorship in the North but lose the Pricipality Building Society and Swalec in the same season. Tells me one thing the CEO ' s of both organisations do not see the premiership or the cup as a valuable platform to advertise their companies. What s the bet s Fosters won t be long pulling the plug on the meaningless cup. Time will tell .
david brown

Post by david brown »

Excellent article covering all the relevant arguments and contentious issues which surround the complete historical background ever since their emergence on the rugby scene in such a short period of time .When one sees some of clubs struggling for funds ,clubs with long histories of achievements and the new boys on the block having a life of RILEY ,it is bound to leave a nasty taste in ones mouth regarding the unfairness of the situation,.
String

Post by String »

What a surprise, WRU RFC receive yet another benefit that is denied to all the other clubs. Their quest to make the playing field even more slanted than the Gnoll continues.
Malpas69

Post by Malpas69 »

RGC already have 8 or 9 full time professionals. This will just provide them with the wherewithal to have a lot more and become (nearly) fully full time professional.
Crime in multi-storey car parks - that is just wrong on so many different levels!!
Halftime Pint

Post by Halftime Pint »

Sadly, it is as I always suspected; the WRU want RGC to be a region within the next five years or so and will fund them all the way to the pro12. Had to laugh out loud at an interview with Jacob Botica, who, as he couldn't get into the North Harbour side decided to try his luck in North Wales as his dad played for Llanelli. Really? Am sure being paid handsomely for the privilege of playing in front of twenty fans must have swayed it!
A region in North Wales seems slightly pointless to me; it is a massive football stronghold and always will be. Roll on the time they bugger off out off the league I say; am tired of seeing one so called semi-professional outfit being funded up the backside.