Nigel Davies

You'll never guess what I heard in the pub/club/Tesco's last night.......

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

chris

Re: Nigel Davies

Post by chris »

... and Steve Law has moved from Bedwas to Cardiff as Director of Rugby and is taking Llyr Lane and Neil Edwards down there with him.
chris

Post by chris »

I've worked out that we used 52 different players in the 22 league fixtures alone this season (42 of whom started at least one game, and the rest of whom appeared one or more times off the bench)... no wonder we looked so disjointed...

If you include the Foster's games then it increases to a total of 77 players used throughout the season...

I think this was another key issue with our poor performance this year, no continuity of selection. I guess ultimately it is Nigel Davies who selects the team each week, so another failing in my eyes.
jadegoodiesfridge

Post by jadegoodiesfridge »

Totally agree with you Chris.Nigel is a lovely bloke,but you couldn't help feel that he was turning Ebbw into a Llanelli or a Cardiff,where the club became a player development tool as a step up toward regional . Results would become meaningless and the Addicts would search for things to do on a Saturday other than watch the Dragons very own "RFC". Thankfully that is now NOT going to happen. Our loss ( ahem ! ) is Merthyr's gain.
As an aside ,nice to see the new recruits,nice to see Ellis Wyn Benham sign for us .Very impressive lad.No doubt this forum will start a new topic concerning the ins and outs .so ,I'll leave it at that But I would like to pay my own tribute to Chris Levesley.I still smile at the thought of him smashing Craig Locke .Locke's face was a picture. So to borrow a quote from Field Of Dreams,when Shoeless Joe Jackson bade farewell to Archie Moonlight Graham.Jackson shouted " Hey Rookie !.......You were good ". Thanks Chris.
html junkie

Post by html junkie »

jadegoodiesfridge wrote:Totally agree with you Chris.Nigel is a lovely bloke,but you couldn't help feel that he was turning Ebbw into a Llanelli or a Cardiff,where the club became a player development tool as a step up toward regional . Results would become meaningless and the Addicts would search for things to do on a Saturday other than watch the Dragons very own "RFC". Thankfully that is now NOT going to happen. Our loss ( ahem ! ) is Merthyr's gain.
As an aside ,nice to see the new recruits,nice to see Ellis Wyn Benham sign for us .Very impressive lad.No doubt this forum will start a new topic concerning the ins and outs .so ,I'll leave it at that But I would like to pay my own tribute to Chris Levesley.I still smile at the thought of him smashing Craig Locke .Locke's face was a picture. So to borrow a quote from Field Of Dreams,when Shoeless Joe Jackson bade farewell to Archie Moonlight Graham.Jackson shouted " Hey Rookie !.......You were good ". Thanks Chris.
A quote from my favourite film. And I totally agree.
Martyn Madden: That's show business
Me: **** off!