Nigel Davies

You'll never guess what I heard in the pub/club/Tesco's last night.......

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

Halftime Pint

Nigel Davies

Post by Halftime Pint »

Am on holiday in Lanzarote, and have heard a rumour that
Nigel Davies is going to Merthyr? Any one heard owt? Ps gutted to be missing the game today, be it my missus' birthday or no!
jadegoodiesfridge

Re: Nigel Davies

Post by jadegoodiesfridge »

That one has been flying around all season.
robert rees

Post by robert rees »

Pre season it was talk of him going to llanelli/scarlets, especially when the scarlets struggled a bit early doors.

Hasn't played out yet
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

Is Nigel Davies leaving at the end of the season
jadegoodiesfridge

Here's the latest one I've heard Hoppy . Laugh as you may but apparently Nigel IS off to the mighty merthyr, to team up alongside Dale mackintosh ( again ,APPARENTLY.....mackintosh is NOT heading back to ponty )Here's the bit which may raise a few eyebrows.I have heard Nige has been offered....ahem...80 Grand to sign for merthyr !!!!!!
Lee Jarvis meanwhile ,again ,apparently, is leaving.but the curve ball is ....Cardiff are after Nige also.You couldn't make it up ....
Or can you ???
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

If Nigel Davies is leaving who is taking over at Ebbw vale and where is lee Jarvis off to and what new signings are coming to Ebbw Vale
jadegoodiesfridge

Have heard a few names bandied about heading for Ebbw but I won't mention them cause I may be way off the mark ( my last post is probably way off the mark also but hey ho ). Lee Jarvis though is one name that I haven't heard linked to Ebbw.
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

Have read on Pontypridd Forum that Nigel Davies was going to Merthyr next season and Mark Jones RGC Coach and Joe Beardman and Pete the Meat Edwards from the Scarlets that is the pointy fans saying that

Thanks for the information jadegoodiesfridge
chris

Post by chris »

May benefit all parties. We've been less than impressive so far this season, so time for a change perhaps.
viewfromthestand

Post by viewfromthestand »

Talking to one of our players last night and a player from another club not far from Blaenavon. Our camp is not a happy camp. Nigel has informed the players of his impending departure. Has been offered a coaching position elsewhere unlikely to be Merthyr there is a train every hour from Ebbw Vale . We are keeping our signings close to our chests as loose lips sink ships or Merthyr will try and sign them. Apparently , the chances of us signing Richard Powell are slim in fact more chance of me getting out of my seat in the stand and winning the Olympic 100 meters gold. He will not leave Bedwas . As for Merthyr signing Pete the Meat Edwards and Joe Bearman where s their forward planning. Not our worry but I just don t see the point 36 and 38 years old. Let s hope that our boys start to play in the way they showed at RGC last week , month,year and we romp to the playoffs.
Phillip Grey

Post by Phillip Grey »

Can't say I'll be sorry to see him go, we've gone backwards as a team since he took over.

We are not a patch on the team that he inherited I'm sorry to say, and for someone supposedly of his calibre I expected more.
One Smart Fellow, He Felt Smart
Halftime Pint

Post by Halftime Pint »

I thought that Nigel's appointment would allow us to build on our extremely strong forward play, with an ex international centre surely able to galvanise our backs. Sadly, this really hasn't been the case at all! I also think that last years title win is more Jason's legacy than Nigel's achievement. Frustrating!
chris

Post by chris »

I think last season was a bit of an armchair ride for Nigel. The laws meant that the catch n' Kynes was lethal.

This season we've looked distinctly average and lacking any sort of direction. In my opinion we have gone backwards as a team.

We also seem to have lost the bond between players and supporters that galvanised us as a team.

Not sad to see him go in all honesty, has added very little in my opinion.

Time for us to forget this year and get back to the drawing board.

Post by 123 »

Nigel is off to Merthyr on £65k per year and he will work with the local schools and collages to form links with them as this is something Merthyr haven't ever done. The chief and Jarvis will still be the coaches and I guess answer to Nigel. I believe Jarvis has one year left on his contract and will then be gone then.
Malpas69

Post by Malpas69 »

... and Justin Burnell has just been appointed as Head Coach of Pontypridd.
Crime in multi-storey car parks - that is just wrong on so many different levels!!