Gavin Henson

The place for discussion of those things not related to the Club, but beware there are limits!!

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

Halftime Pint

Gavin Henson

Post by Halftime Pint »

Just heard that 35 year old Gavin Henson has joined the Dragqueens on a two year deal. You've got to love their commitment to development of our game from the grass roots up! Can't wait to see him at Cross Keys next season.
viewfromthestand

Re: Gavin Henson

Post by viewfromthestand »

They are going for gold, No problem with Gavin Henson at all but where is the vision of the Dragons . That s two signings of players for next year both over 34 yoa. the other being Zane Kirchner. Having kept busy reading the various articles re WRU takeover I really don t think they ll be needed after Christmas 2017 as the Dragons will not exist in any way shape or form. It all appears to me to be exactly like the blueprint used at Celtic Warriors many moons ago. They ll be taken over , lot s of promises made but when push comes to shove they ll be shut down or merged with the Blues and a new area formed up North. Regions will become east/west and north. When you see huge clubs like the two in France going to the wall what hope is there for the regional game in Wales. Overpaid, overage players playing infront of overcharged underwhelmed supporters. Take a game at the Liberty . Swansea City v Souhhampton attendance 20520. every seat sold. Ospreys v Munster 8752 in attendance. This game is one of the highlights of the pro 12 but a crowd only a third of the size of that of the football. Rugby in Wales is in decline. It needs money input at all levels and a complete rethink of the marketing strategies. Our own bank is down on numbers from three or four seasons ago. Regulars don t attend anymore. Dragons signing hasbeens will not strike a light with me.i DON T MUCH CARE IF NEWPORT RFC FOLLOW THEM DOWN THE SAME PAN EITHER.
shaunspikey

Post by shaunspikey »

Hope he's bought his wellies with him..! :D
Always on the bank
Malpas69

Post by Malpas69 »

I hope that he enjoys life in Colwyn Bay!!
Crime in multi-storey car parks - that is just wrong on so many different levels!!