Merthyr Saturday

Whether you're looking forward to kick-off or the final whistle has blown, this is the place for supporters of EVRFC

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

viewfromthestand

Merthyr Saturday

Post by viewfromthestand »

Roll on Saturday , lets get to the end of this season as quickly as possible. I really don t want to qualify for the playoffs, no disrespect intended to anyone at all. I don t think we deserve to be there this year and barring a nil nil draw with Ponty and RGC and us taking all 5 points v merffa it is unlikely we will be there. We have been a shadow of the side we were last season and for that matter the previous five seasons. We are very one dimensional with a limited game plan. I don t think that Nigel leaving will be a bad thing for the club or the players. His way did nt suit our way. I think we developed a style under Jason and that was what gave us the rewards . Nigel wanted a different style and we could nt adapt. I have heard he also finds it difficult to deal with semi pro players , whereby they can t train as and when because of work commitments etc. I really hope and pray that the clubs in the premiership and the WRU can sort out a decent fixture list for next year giving us regular weekly rugby or I can see the game at this level falling into a wilderness. Only the very diehardest of diehards will continue to watch the game on an infrequent basis if it stays as it is now.
Fingers crossed we end on a high and beat the big spenders on Saturday. Then we can reflect on what could have been this season and look forward to next.