Transfers

You'll never guess what I heard in the pub/club/Tesco's last night.......

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

chris

Transfers

Post by chris »

With a few rumours knocking about, thought I would set up the annual thread for players in/out... if anyone has any further news, then please feel free to update...

In
Callum Hall - Outside Half, Pontypridd

Out
Gethin Robinson - Prop, Retired
Josh Lewis - Outside Half, Bath
Adam Jones - Centre, Cardiff
robert rees

Re: Transfers

Post by robert rees »

Chris Thomas is off down under to NZ I believe?
Phillip Grey

Post by Phillip Grey »

Robert Lewis signed for an English club too didn't he?

Nigel Davies to the Dragons/ Cardiff / Merthyr which ever has the biggest budget.
So probably Merthyr Ha ha!
One Smart Fellow, He Felt Smart
viewfromthestand

Post by viewfromthestand »

Rob Lewis apparently signed by Mosely, Jordan Howells signed for Bargoed Adam Jones Cardiff Chris Thomas is in New Zealand but will be returning to us at some point . Rumoured Nathan Presence is dropping down a level because of work commitments. Word on the street is Damian is going to Nantyglo to be forwards coach teaming up with Jon Hawker. Who knows? Apparently we have a Tongan International joining but Bargoed are in the chase. Ollie Drake Pontypool tightness is moving to us . Tom Edwards is coming back an outside half from Pontypridd has put pen to paper so I think there s lots happening. Apparently Chippy has recommended 6 players to us from his u 20's . We will see when September comes.
david brown

Post by david brown »

My son works with a current player ,and confirmed most of the last posting .However he insists that DAMIEN is staying but will be involved with coaching the forwards.BARTLETT has signed for NEWPORT and LEVESEY could be moving on .Like it or not rumours will keep us going until the new season starts.?
Phillip Grey

Post by Phillip Grey »

Big Gavin Henson on a dual?
jadegoodiesfridge

Post by jadegoodiesfridge »

What about that man mountain who was waiting in the foyer following the Merthyr game ? Absolutely enormous guy who apparently was sent over to us by the Australian RFU.He's signed .Anybody know his name ?
Stevey

Post by Stevey »

It's going to be a long summer trying to dissect the fact from fiction on the rumour mill, but knowing our management as I do I'm sure they are doing their best to put a competitive squad together.
Phillip Grey

Post by Phillip Grey »

Looks like we could rule out Cardiff RFC for Nigel, as Steve Law the Bedwas coach has signed for them.
Malpas69

Post by Malpas69 »

viewfromthestand wrote:Ollie Drake Pontypool tightness is moving to us.
According to the Lower League Forum, he was coming to us, but now staying at Pooler... allegedly!
Crime in multi-storey car parks - that is just wrong on so many different levels!!
david brown

Post by david brown »

ONE QUESTION RE MANAGEMENT TEAM .WHO ARE THEY ?,THOUGHT THEY HAD ALL LEFT FOR PASTURES NEW.
jadegoodiesfridge

Post by jadegoodiesfridge »

Well,Nigel certainly has .The announcement is now on the club website ........Good luck for the future Nige,and thanks.
Stevey

Post by Stevey »

david brown wrote:ONE QUESTION RE MANAGEMENT TEAM .WHO ARE THEY ?,THOUGHT THEY HAD ALL LEFT FOR PASTURES NEW.
Our chairman, Jon Jones, along with the coaches are working many hours to secure us signings to keep us competitive.
Phillip Grey

Post by Phillip Grey »

As long as the rest of the current coaches remain, I don't think we need anymore?

Lee and Damien as forwards
Gareth Maule as backs
Lewis Roberts as conditioning

Do we really need more chiefs?
robert rees

Post by robert rees »

Think a head coach will be needed on top of that, but otherwise it seems a good setup for us.