Merthyr...

Whether you're looking forward to kick-off or the final whistle has blown, this is the place for supporters of EVRFC

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

String

Merthyr...

Post by String »

No thread about it so may as well start it...

Quite easily the most bizarre refereeing turnaround at half time ive ever seen! Really don't like the football style constantly mouthing off and swearing at the referee from some of the on field personnel wearing black either. I was amazed (and disappointed) he let all of it go until the 75th minute.

Really thought at half time we'd win that. Had the upper hand all half and only foiled by constant cynical penalty offences (only penalties, very few cards). We were in control. Then the second half happened. No chance down to 12 men no matter how average the opposition is!
Malpas69

Re: Merthyr...

Post by Malpas69 »

Simply cannot defend when down to 12 men. Chunky's yellow card was the daftest of them all. That said, a strange bench selection (again) didn't help us with no second row cover that saw Joe Franchi having to pack down at No. 8. Where are the likes of Gavin Bilton and Andrew Mann?
Crime in multi-storey car parks - that is just wrong on so many different levels!!
chris

Post by chris »

Yep, the cards cost us... Merthyr were pretty average, but rugby is an easy game when you have a 3-man overlap. Definitely one that got away, as felt we had the upper hand until that point.
david brown

Post by david brown »

Defininitely robbed of the spoils yesterday.The whole team put in a great shift and at half time was convinced we would beat them.Then came the fastest 3 yellow cards in the history of the game.Chunky must go into the record books for being on the field for only 30 seconds,never touching the ball ,and getting a yellow card ? We can still take many positives from the game the whole team can feel very proud of that performance .As stated above with only twelve players ,even an average team will score ,and Merthyr looked very average when confronted with 15 players.Well done boys and bring on BEDWAS.
david brown

Post by david brown »

Defininitely robbed of the spoils yesterday.The whole team put in a great shift and at half time was convinced we would beat them.Then came the fastest 3 yellow cards in the history of the game.Chunky must go into the record books for being on the field for only 30 seconds,never touching the ball ,and getting a yellow card ? We can still take many positives from the game the whole team can feel very proud of that performance .As stated above with only twelve players ,even an average team will score ,and Merthyr looked very average when confronted with 15 players.Well done boys and bring on BEDWAS.
html junkie

Post by html junkie »

Malpas69 wrote:Simply cannot defend when down to 12 men. Chunky's yellow card was the daftest of them all. That said, a strange bench selection (again) didn't help us with no second row cover that saw Joe Franchi having to pack down at No. 8. Where are the likes of Gavin Bilton and Andrew Mann?
Bilton joined Newport, Mann not retained by us.
Martyn Madden: That's show business
Me: **** off!
jadegoodiesfridge

Post by jadegoodiesfridge »

No second row cover,yet Josh Jacas was kitted out and warming up alongside Will Holley prior to kick off .Neither of which were in yesterday's squad.Strange days.
chris

Post by chris »

On the subject of second/back row cover, where is Jon Davies at the moment? Is he injured?

Always makes an impact whenever and wherever he plays, yet hasn't been in the matchday squad for the last two games.
jadegoodiesfridge

Post by jadegoodiesfridge »

Think he's on holiday Chris
chris

Post by chris »

jadegoodiesfridge wrote:Think he's on holiday Chris
Thank you mate. That explains that one then.
david brown

Post by david brown »

Think you will find he played for YNYSDDU against PILL on SATURDAY .Sincerely hope if the club policy is to ignore big ball carriers and select three hookers it is just a rather stupid passing phase.which to the average supporter is hard to fathom out the reasoning behind it ????
valleyblues

Post by valleyblues »

He and steffan Thomas came home from holiday Friday night so were not available for Ebbw.
Villa, we are coming for you!!!!!
html junkie

Post by html junkie »

david brown wrote:Think you will find he played for YNYSDDU against PILL on SATURDAY .Sincerely hope if the club policy is to ignore big ball carriers and select three hookers it is just a rather stupid passing phase.which to the average supporter is hard to fathom out the reasoning behind it ????
You could've questioned the coaches about this "stupid passing phase" at the Q&A on Saturday. They're too busy preparing for the next game to be reading our thoughts on here.
Anyway, we now know the reason, thanks to valleyblues.
Martyn Madden: That's show business
Me: **** off!
david brown

Post by david brown »

,Because my wife needs medical attention and we are living in CAERPHILLY.My first priority after the game is to return home .As much as i dearly would love to put forward numerous question Without wanting to sound abrasive .I have far more important things on my mind. than asking the logic for selecting 3 hookers in the squad .i REST MY CASE.
Last edited by david brown on 02 Oct 2017 18:17, edited 2 times in total.
david brown

Post by david brown »

,Because my wife needs medical attention and we are living in CAERPHILLY.My first priority after the game is to return home .As much as i dearly would love to put forward numerous question Without wanting to sound abrasive .I have far more important things on my mind. than asking the logic for selecting 3 hookers in the squad .i REST MY CASE.