Evrfc

The place for discussion of those things not related to the Club, but beware there are limits!!

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

Stevey

Evrfc

Post by Stevey »

There was a meeting last night covering all sorts of issues and fair play the hottest topic, our form etc. was explained quite comprehensively. Now I could spend a couple of hours on here trying to explain and remember everything, but that is not possible, but I did come away feeling our coaches are doing a good job under very trying circumstances. There is another meeting in 3 weeks and I daresay that if any supporters felt passionate enough they could ask for an invite, and maybe get involved with helping our great club in dealing with various issues.
viewfromthestand

Re: Evrfc

Post by viewfromthestand »

Well said Steve. It s an eye opener when you hear from the chairman about our predicament. I like you feel for our young coaches as they have had to work with an arm tied behind their back. Hopefully as players recover from injury and return to fitness so our form levels will recover. Saying that in all games apart from Bedwas we could well of nicked the spoils. Some indifferent refereeing cost us the Merthyr game. Inexperience cost us against both Ponty and Newport.
Player rotation was explained fully and so was the three hooker policy. The policy being we had nobody else. The Dragons had no one to loan us so we used our resources as best we could. Hopefully, this week we will see Rhys Clarke return from concussion protocol. Ellis Wyn Benham return from a long term hamstring problem . Josh Jacas from his niggling injury so things are looking brighter. Bring on Bargoed and let s hope we can get the ship back on the winning trail
valleyblues

Post by valleyblues »

What meeting, when, didn't see any information about it
Villa, we are coming for you!!!!!
viewfromthestand

Post by viewfromthestand »

It was a committee meeting on Monday night. There is one every 3 weeks.
valleyblues

Post by valleyblues »

Perhaps the committee could pass on what is said at these meetings
Villa, we are coming for you!!!!!
html junkie

Post by html junkie »

valleyblues wrote:Perhaps the committee could pass on what is said at these meetings
Hmmm, I'm not sure how that would work. Do management teams generally publicise the content of their meetings? Thinking about all the management groups I've ever sat on, in work, sports clubs, social clubs etc, the minutes of meetings are not publicised, although the results of the discussions become public when/if the decisions made there reach fruition. I think that's how the EVRFC committee operates and always has done, though I accept that some tongues are looser than others (this applies to all committees/management teams, in my experience!) so that little bits leak out.

I think the only answer is for more people to actually join the committee. I know that management would warmly welcome increased input.
Martyn Madden: That's show business
Me: **** off!
Stevey

Post by Stevey »

html junkie wrote:
valleyblues wrote:Perhaps the committee could pass on what is said at these meetings
Hmmm, I'm not sure how that would work. Do management teams generally publicise the content of their meetings? Thinking about all the management groups I've ever sat on, in work, sports clubs, social clubs etc, the minutes of meetings are not publicised, although the results of the discussions become public when/if the decisions made there reach fruition. I think that's how the EVRFC committee operates and always has done, though I accept that some tongues are looser than others (this applies to all committees/management teams, in my experience!) so that little bits leak out.

I think the only answer is for more people to actually join the committee. I know that management would warmly welcome increased input.

Yes agree, get involved I'm sure you would be welcomed and could help influence outcomes.
Phillip Grey

Post by Phillip Grey »

The only thing I would query with this statement is that, I don't think we have got a bad squad.

Apart from the odd positions (like number 8 where we appear short), the players in the squad are all good individual players, so not sure what is meant by "trying circumstances".
One Smart Fellow, He Felt Smart
Stevey

Post by Stevey »

Phillip Grey wrote:The only thing I would query with this statement is that, I don't think we have got a bad squad.

Apart from the odd positions (like number 8 where we appear short), the players in the squad are all good individual players, so not sure what is meant by "trying circumstances".
Injuries and evolving from long established players to newcomers whose strength and weaknesses have to be identified and worked on. Probably more, sure our chairman would know.