SCRUM V

The place for discussion of those things not related to the Club, but beware there are limits!!

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

viewfromthestand

SCRUM V

Post by viewfromthestand »

I have read the posts re scrum v on the match talk section of the forum. I agree with every post that it is a waste of time. It is regional rubbish with a section on grass roots which lasts a couple of minutes tops. Why all of a sudden are we being subjected to ladies rugby. I have no problem with the girls playing the game but why did scrum v see fit to put Swansea Ladies RFC om air for an age. The other week Sean Holley gave a master class with Croesyceiliog ladies RFC as the role players. I think it belittles the male dominated game.
I can answer Phil s point about Jonathan Davies not coaching at any level. I was at an evening with him in November and like many I found Jiffy quite childish and very opinionated on TV .He s acting big time. He is actually quite humble and very knowledgable re the game of rugby union. He actually prefers league. The reason he s never been coach of a team or helping Wales out is simple. He s never been asked!!!!! He said he would nt take on the Welsh team coaches job. He would however become a attack/defence coach consultant and come in when required. His explanation of defence structures was brilliant. The reason for blitz and the reasons for drift explained properly. So , when I watch him now I take the acting part in to the equation.
That said I think Scrum V should have a revamp. Bare in mind that most regional games are shown live we should be able to watch the premiership and below in some form of programme dedicated to a level of the game below international and regional level.
Phillip Grey

Re: SCRUM V

Post by Phillip Grey »

Fair point sir, I have never met Mr Davies so purely go on his character observed and heard on scrum v and scrum v live.

Don’t know why he feels the need to act up, as it gives everyone the same impression that it gives me.

I agree that it needs a revamp, I use to enjoy it and it’s predecessor (was it called the front row?), but now it’s just re runs of the live games with hairs split analysis to fill the time up.

I’m sure it would be a lot more popular if it covered grass roots for longer and not just a 10 second cameo.
One Smart Fellow, He Felt Smart
jadegoodiesfridge

Post by jadegoodiesfridge »

Scrum V is a very limited vehicle now What,with just four "clubs " to concentrate on the analysis of the four,week in week out , is bordering on ad nauseam. I don't exactly know who Scrum V's audience is.It has alienated followers of the club game and as Philip has said,the highlights of games are just reruns of the weekend's live games.Again,very limited.I enjoy Rick O'Shea's " cameos" when he pays a visit to ,dare I say it, a lower league club,but even the highlights of that club's game consists of two tries filmed behind the posts. No suggestion who scored the tries,and no league table following the outcome of the game. The cup/ plate/Bowl matches are totally ignored ,which I find frustrating .I still watch Scrum V but I find it incredibly boring. If only they gave the clubs the exposure WE deserve.
viewfromthestand

Post by viewfromthestand »

Mr Fridge your point re Rick O Shea is valid. He is entertaining. I like Phil Steele too. There is obviously an audience probably made up of the daffodil sheepshead wearers who now make up the majority of international match day crowds.. oh and that rarest of creatures a regional super club supporter.