coming season

The place for discussion of those things not related to the Club, but beware there are limits!!

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

david brown

coming season

Post by david brown »

My father took me to watch EBBW VALE for the very first time in 1948,I will always remember the huge crowd assembled on the old bank .We were in the second division then playing clubs like RISCA TREDEGAR,BLAINA PENARTH etc.That was the only home match that season as the Welfare pitch was classed as unplayable for the rest of the season We played the remainder of our home games at TREDEGAR and BRYNMAWR.We played 36 matches ,won 25 lost 9 and drew 2.Points for 347 and against 220.With J PUGH WITH 18 tries was the top scorer.Good performance considering we played all bar one of our games away.Thank goodness there is no chance of that happening in season 2018,where i shall be celebrating 70 years supporting our great club.
Stevey

Re: coming season

Post by Stevey »

Great bit of history David, the pitch is looking far better than a few weeks ago, that bit of rain done a good job.
After seeing us against Ampthill I'm looking forward to the season starting proper.
html junkie

Re: coming season

Post by html junkie »

david brown wrote:My father took me to watch EBBW VALE for the very first time in 1948,I will always remember the huge crowd assembled on the old bank .We were in the second division then playing clubs like RISCA TREDEGAR,BLAINA PENARTH etc.That was the only home match that season as the Welfare pitch was classed as unplayable for the rest of the season We played the remainder of our home games at TREDEGAR and BRYNMAWR.We played 36 matches ,won 25 lost 9 and drew 2.Points for 347 and against 220.With J PUGH WITH 18 tries was the top scorer.Good performance considering we played all bar one of our games away.Thank goodness there is no chance of that happening in season 2018,where i shall be celebrating 70 years supporting our great club.
Fair play to you David, that's a proud record and puts my mere 53 years in the shade! You mentioned the late John Pugh of Beaufort, who still holds the club record for most tries in a match, I believe, with six.
Martyn Madden: That's show business
Me: **** off!