Curry Night

The place for discussion of those things not related to the Club, but beware there are limits!!

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

Stevey

Curry Night

Post by Stevey »

Have to say it's a fantastic gesture by The Ambala Indian restaurant in Waunllydd, Park Hotel for expats, to host a curry night and donate the money to our club.
It is a win win, we eat, our club gets the money just £15per head on September 5th. :D
html junkie

Re: Curry Night

Post by html junkie »

Stevey wrote:Have to say it's a fantastic gesture by The Ambala Indian restaurant in Waunllydd, Park Hotel for expats, to host a curry night and donate the money to our club.
It is a win win, we eat, our club gets the money just £15per head on September 5th. :D
Couldn't agree more, Steve. It's a wonderful offer by a very supportive local business and I hope it gains the support it deserves. £15 for an Indian buffet is a great offer! Let's hope the proprietor makes a couple of shillings on drinks, and gains plenty of repeat business as a result of the evening.
Martyn Madden: That's show business
Me: **** off!
CJ

Post by CJ »

Sadly I wont be able to make it as I'm in work but i wish i could attend
Stevey

Post by Stevey »

CJ wrote:Sadly I wont be able to make it as I'm in work but i wish i could attend
You have fallen at the first fence CJ. :D
html junkie

Post by html junkie »

CJ wrote:Sadly I wont be able to make it as I'm in work but i wish i could attend
Great shame, but it does mean more food and beer for everyone else! :D
Martyn Madden: That's show business
Me: **** off!
Stevey

Post by Stevey »

Well that went well, good food, good company, an entertaining and informative evening. Oh and money raised for our club too :D
david brown

Post by david brown »

From a purely personal point of interest STEVEY,were the V/P tickets raffled and if so did they make some money for the club ??
david brown

Re: Curry NightCURRE

Post by david brown »

Explanation with regards to my last post.I was lucky enough to win the competition for two free tickets .Having already ordered mine ,i decided to gift them to the club Following a conversation with the club secretary on Wednesday morning ,,it was agreed they be raffled at the coming Curry night.I have not been contacted by club so assume that the raffle did not take place.The value of each ticket was 250 pounds and i honestly believed they would make some hard earned money for the club Feel really disappointed at the lack of communication and apparent interest with regards to my offer.which was made with the best of intentions.
DaiLew

Post by DaiLew »

That was a great gesture David.
Think we need to applaud the efforts of Stevey and the gang of volunteers for their efforts and ideas for raising much needed funds. Thanks everybody.