RGC

Whether you're looking forward to kick-off or the final whistle has blown, this is the place for supporters of EVRFC

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

DaiLew

RGC

Post by DaiLew »

Great to see that Dai Langdon and Dom Franchi are back. Anybody know why Carl isn't playing?
marshomano

Re: RGC

Post by marshomano »

According to the wonderful world of Facebook, it's something to do with him renewing his visa. Couple of weeks to sort it out. Still, a very decent and more than capable team. Let's face it...who wants to come down to ebbw vale, on a windy, rainy Friday evening in January. Looking forward to it
abergavenny plodder

Post by abergavenny plodder »

What a cracking match. Are we after some sort of record by winning the most games in a season by a single point. Fair play to the RGC backs they were electric best I ve seen all season but the old adage that it's the forwards that decides who wins games proved correct tonight as the Ebbw tight 5 just strangled the life of the RGC scrum. Still things to work on first up tackling was poor on several occasions but I ll happily take the win and move on to next week. Well done Ebbw !
DaiLew

Post by DaiLew »

What a cracking game - especially for the neutral! Have spoken to many people ( neutral watchers) who thought it was a great game. It was an appropriate 'UP YOURS' to all the so-called experts who bemoan the playing standards in the Premiership. Thought the officials had a good game too.
jadegoodiesfridge

Post by jadegoodiesfridge »

Well,the dust has settled,my fingernails are growing back,and we go on to the next game which probably won't be as dramatic as Friday's. Social media has been inundated with superlatives regarding Ebbw/RGC all weekend ( strangely ,not so much on here)and quite rightly so .Calling it excellent would undermine the effort both teams put into that game .I think Greg and Mark Jones should be very proud of their players efforts on Friday,with Ebbw just having the nouse and know-how how to close a great team out .Although there was a couple of heartstopping moments to contend with at the death.Aneurin Owens tackle at the end which allowed the magnificent Toby Fricker to steal the ball was the most relieving tackle for me personally so far this season.Huge sigh of relief.What more is there to say about Toby that hasn't been said this season.I think after this season we'll be bloody fortunate to keep hold of him .You can sense the vultures swooping over EXP .Best recruitment this season ? Lloyd Evans.The way he's playing it makes you think if Ronnie would get back into the team ( sorry Ron).Fair to say the boys of 2016 have matured as rugby players as the likes of Cameron,Rhys ,Ashley et al have gone from good players to highly professional and confident players .Yes ! We can still be a tad sloppy on occasons,but the experience comes through.Once again ,great performance Ebbw,and it has to be said Adam Jones was magnificent as ref ,Exceptional game who didn't let the match get bogged down with technicalities.There's some good young refs out there now ,Ben Brakespeare ,Dan Jones ,and now Adam Jones have raised the bar.Nice to post something positive about refs on here for a change .As for the opposition.For once I enjoyed seeing RGC in town .They are a very good team.nuff said.All in all it made great tv.......and then there was ponty v aberavon ! Talk about after the Lord mayor's show ??! Dreadful .awful game. Time for BBC i I think.
viewfromthestand

Post by viewfromthestand »

Can only agree with my right honorable friend Mr Fridge. It was a feast of all that is good about the premiership. We won the game but ultimately rugby was the winner. So many neutrals have said how much they enjoyed Fridays game. I agree that Adam Jones did a very good job in the middle, not much use of the TMO which made for a good game. I believe the continual interjections from TMO spoils the flow of the game. Well done both teams , roll on Bridgend , never easy at the Brewery Field so will not be counting my chickens.
Farmerboy

Post by Farmerboy »

Have to agree with comments above, thought referee and assistants were very good. Nice to see Dom and Dai back on the field after long term injuries. Hard to pick out anybody but thought Stefan Thomas had one of his best games along with Toby. The more I see of Aneurin Owen the more impressed I am, his tackle at the end to allow the turn over was fantastic. What more can be said about the pack, to push a premiership side off their own ball over the line superb, shows the hard work on the scrum age machine pays off. Discipline was much better hardly gave away a penalty. Still a bit wayward with some of our kicking.Would have been nice to get the fourth try but very happy to get the win.